Imperial vs. Metric

Hate to say it, but I don’t think in “deck” terms you will never see metric, except trampa…

skate hangars, axles, wheels, all metric.

Decks, wheel bases, hardware, all imperial…

is magically every US deck manufacturer supposed to list their stuff in metric, when more then half of US population has no idea what a millimeter is?

“Millimeter, you mean like that dudes peter? I don’t know metric dudeee”

3 Likes

Even though comedically told, it is a fair point.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

19.05mm*

10char

4 Likes

I like the whole idea.

BTW I wasn’t trying to go against your suggestion… just jokingly saying .75" is alot different then 190cm :slight_smile:

You didn’t read what I wrote? I read what you wrote.

1 Like

Why was this flagged? Well said

3 Likes

@squishy654 thinks it’s off-topic, when clearly it’s talking about the best way to make a new skateboard standard and almost everyone agrees.

He messed-up and doesn’t want to admit it so wants to start a childish flagging war.

What he doesn’t understand is that we think this is a great idea. Except one tiny detail. Which is what this whole thread is about.

6 Likes

Standardization requires standards… choosing impererial or metric should be the first of these standards to address.

3 Likes

As a red-blooded American I say f*#$ imperial units. Anything NEW should conform to SI units.

Since you’re talking about a NEW standard use the best system of measurement available - metric.

17 Likes

But if you discuss it, you will get flagged for off-topic. Imagine that

Clearly it’s on-topic and relevant.

3 Likes

I ride Suspension trucks and would like a hanger that fits the Avenue RKP-Baseplate.

p.s. and metric system please, imperial is outdated in the modern industrie

2 Likes

Well… Instead of arguing between metric and imperial. Why not just use the Ancient Greek units of measurement…

5 Likes

ummmmm… that’s not how any industry works. The science dictates everything. I like the idea of having a standard, and both of those trucks admittedly look fantastic. Yet, 2 companies relying on 3/4 inch hangers surely will not outweigh the amount of precision trucks which will follow in metric dimensions due to the simple logic of using that system over our outdated American measurements

2 Likes

The world has picked metric, and specifically, millimeters.

6 Likes

as an engineering student i wish my textbooks agreed…goddamn conversions why cant they just keep it in SI :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t have a single skate store in my country (France) that will use Imperial. Everyone knows imperial is imprecise and useless since there’s like 2 country out of 196 that uses Imperial for the wrong reason. USA only used imperial because they wanted to be unique, since it’s been invented everyone in the world uses metric. It’s called a norm. It’s like when the Nasa lost a billion dollar satellite because they did some mistake because they were using imperial and nobody else in space uses Imperial.

Skateboard culture is 100 % American but saying it’s been Invented in America is kind of BS, then I could say Swedish invented skiing, and French invented pétanque.

2 Likes

If you only know one system of measures then your dumb af especially if you are making stuff

Man you MUST know both systems to use basic tools Like I service my boat engine once a year and I need to use tools that are metric and imperial

liberia, myanmar and the United states are the only countries still using imperial measurements. ikr? who would have thought Liberia and Myanmar were so advanced?

I’m dumber then a box of rocks for sure…

Lol

2 Likes