[Inactive] Vesc android/iOS app

You need to get a Bluetooth module. I used the HM-10. This thread has the pin outs: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/recording-data-from-vesc-summary-of-tools/7020/13

Can 1 bt module and the app be used to change settings on dual vesc setup?

1 Like

Does this work with clone HM10s? The ones on ebay? @jacobbloy

I tried using bluetooth to connect to my board but it didnā€™t work. It was connected to my phone but he app couldnā€™t sense it. Any ideas on how to fix it.

Iā€™ve found this app to be quite buggy, so I frankly wouldnā€™t rely on it very much.

But Iā€™ll try and help. Whatā€™s the exact bluetooth module youā€™re using?

You should get in contact with that METR app guy, and make something beautiful together;)

I have no clue. It was a prebuilt board

Great App - I love the Advanced overview page. But I got one problem/question: How the values in the ā€œSettingsā€ page of the App are stored ? At every relaunch I have to type in my specs (Motor pulley, diameter, Battery Type, etc) new again. Is there a way to store it ? Thanks

Hey there, I am new on the forum, is this App still available? It seems I cannot PM anyone yet, so I decided to ask here, since I cannot find this app neither in US or Europe AppStore, do we still need to request it from Jacob directly? I have mi UDID ready :slight_smile:

It does look like the app isnā€™t available anymore, but I wouldnā€™t recommend you use it anyways. It was quite buggy. I recommend Android users get @Ackmaniacā€™s app. The links is a few posts above. Right now, there isnā€™t a very good option for iOS users (in my opinion). metr.at and perimetr are both made by a guy on here, but he requires that you buy the bluetooth module from him.

Thanks, I have figured out, that metr and perimeter would be the best solution, but I have a bunch of HM10 modules already, and I find it a not-so-nice solution to buy a dedicated module. I would be happier to pay for the app, or only the margin he makes on selling these modulesā€¦

Anyways, I have been able to get my hands on an Android device, and have tried all available apps there, but with no success. I can connect to the HM10CONTROL, but it seems there is no communication with the FW. Tried different Bauds, etc.

If I understand it correctly, Arcmaniacā€™s app needs a dedicated firmware, and it looks like I got myself a Maytech VESC, which are believed not to have the bootloader, so FW upgrade is not an optionā€¦ I will try it later thoughā€¦

You still can see the real time data and record videos. But you are not able to change the settings without my firmware mod.

Ok, thanks for the info. I was under the impression, that it needed something special, since your app did not find the HM10 device, whereas VESC Control does find itā€¦ I guess I need to double check the HM10 settingsā€¦ I recall something about Adafruit Uart Friend support? I will read your thread for information.

To See the bt Module u need to turn on the Board and the remote!! Just after that u will See the Module in the Appā€¦ Sadly there is no Information about this @Ackmaniac

What do you mean by saying the Board and the Remote? I am using ADC input to control the motor, and I was told that ADC and UART has to be active in the BLDC toolā€¦

I need that apk file.

Didnt find it on app store. How its called there?..

I too have been looking for this app on the iOS App Store, I guess this app was abandoned