Info >> Surf Rodz Spacers, Axles & Bearings

@psychotiller carries the bearings at times too. I got my set from him.

Just drop him a PM before you order!

1 Like

In case anyone wanted to know, this is a pic if all 3 (10mm) spacer types discussed above.

sr%20spacers%20091818

10 Likes

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Just use Zealous bearings (built in spacers & washers/speedrings) and be done with it. If it’s good for taking your longboard downhill at 70 mph+, then it’s good enough for my electric skateboards. I’m also sure there are 10mm alternatives for our requirements.

Surf Rodz uses 10mm axles, zealous bearings are 8mm ID.

1 Like

Give Seismic’s 10mm Tektons a look. Only thing I don’t like about them is the ceramic ball bearings.

I have looked at them, but I have had terrible luck with ceramic bearings. Plus we still need spacers for the axles.

I have those but the come with a lot of imperfection I had to order two sets because some of them did not fit the 10mm axel Correctly Or would not fit at all

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. I’m curious if we could just buy some bearings from a bearing manufacturer like NSK or FAG.

They do have a 10mm regular non ceramic version. I’m really curious to try it. I have seen them on ebay in past for like $45 but don’t see it now. I would also not trust ceramic in a e-skate.

Thank you for this info @mmaner . Just ordered my mounts from PT and spacers from the recommended site.

Going to switch both boards over to TKP’s for that carvy goodness. It’ll also finally allow me to forward mount my motors on the Evo Falcon with Alan’s enclosure, rkp’s just don’t give you enough space.

In a strange turn of events the easiest way for me to get some TKP’s in the UK is to drive and buy them from a skate store an hour away that doesn’t have a website. Crazy business. If I order them in from PT or surfrodz the import and customs fees will be the same price as the trucks :smiley:

3 Likes

Maybe you can do a group buy from there? Lol

Edit: Sorry talking about those TKPs is getting to me but I just cant shell out the cash atm :sob:

2 Likes

Quick addition. For people in EU/UK I found the washers:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sourcingmap-20PCS-Thick-Copper-Washer/dp/B00WW717BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537529455&sr=8-1 free shipping

The spacers however I could not find with the right ID, I ended up buying them from the US as not to waste too much time digging around but I’m sure they can be found over here easy enough with some searching.

2 Likes

What are the dimensions of the surfrodz bearings? I figured 10mm id bearings would be 10x22x7 instead of the standard 8mm id bearings being 8x22x7.

You state the other 10mm bearings being 10x22x6 (6902 series). Would that not give you 2mm space missing in the wheel?

I guess it doesn’t matter as long as they aren’t wider. Searching for 10x22x7 only gets me the 62900 series and there isn’t much choice for those.

@mmaner

Is the kingpin bolt a standard size bolt? If so what bolt?

Sorry the answer could be simple but I’m on my phone

What skate store is this

There are 10x1mm speed rings if you have issues, I personally have not.

1 Like

Surf Rodz has multiple kingpin options, I’m not sure of dimensions on any of them but I’ll check the spares I have when I get home.

EDIT: I looked up what is available on the SR site. It looks like 2.25in, 2.50in and 2.75in long but no clue on the other dimensions.

https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/truck-parts/king-pins-kits-225 https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/truck-parts/king-pins-kits-250 https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/truck-parts/king-pins-275

2 Likes

The one that told me they had them in stock and then after an hour drive it turned out they didn’t at all. That one.

1 Like

Out of interest, ordering direct from SR was also problematic. I sent three emails over a month to buy the trucks as they suggested in the cart. They say they deliver worldwide but appeared to just ignore my attempts to buy.

I ended up asking a lovely gentleman here to buy them for us and ship over to the UK

2 Likes