Inner gear direct drive gearbox

Some great work here, but im suprised no one is talking about this https://goo.gl/6oYpFL

all in all, very good work, am looking forward to seeing whats next.

I know but pictures are not taken by me :wink: I am just keeping guys up to date with that’s happening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lee13 has nice idea of protecting gears, but I don’t like how he fits it :slight_smile: Our will be made form single peace POM and be attached to the same screws the hub connects :slight_smile:

1 Like

After testing if it works why not :wink:

Actually if you use Modul 1 it isn’t that ridiculous anymore (in the 20-40€ range) http://maedler.de/product/1643/1618/260/innenzahnkraenze-stahl-modul-1

But i am very eager to see how yours will handle the power :slight_smile:

The price is not the only factor :wink: The size is also a problem, you need minimum of 6-8cm radius just because of motor

1 Like

Great points made I’m excited too see the end product! I’ll buy for sure!

Nice work man. Any idea how much you’d be expecting to sell a pair of these for roughly?

1 Like

Nope not at the moment but it will be cheaper than our previous gearbox :wink:

Here are some updates:

8 Likes

Amazing work mate!

4 Likes

Interesting, nice to have more options over Jens DD system (and Lee’s), everyone reinventing the wheel :grin:

1 Like

Got some more updates :wink:

6 Likes

Well that’s cool, it’s like an oversized, offset ATB hub motor.

I’m interested in a few months I guess, nice one another cool product, mix these up with @scepterr’s dark matter motors and you’s have a really nice crap-free transmission

And on that note I see an APS motor there meaning the spur gear is 10mm shaft hole, probably want to be able to offer an 8mm option too

The shaft hole is not a problem, as it going to be machined anyways :wink:

1 Like

The shopping cart will need machining with the spur choice option too :wink:

Yes, but first its needs to be tested :wink: Then it will be available for selling :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

Great job, i have to make one myself;) Did you mill the gears yourself? Is the small gear different from normal spur gears? And if you made them yourself, what was the smallest endmill you had to use?