Input on DIY casting urethane wheels wanted

Nice Avatar you have (-: Hofmann´s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Contact Labeda (orangatang manufacturers) and hit them up for some custom wheels. They do different coloured kegel style as well.

3 Days til Bicycle Day :wink:

1 Like

As I have mentioned above… that would need a massive group buy (that I’m not interested in organizing) because they would need to make new moulds costing thousands.

Glad to see I’m not the only one here that enjoys cycling so much :joy:

Forgive me off top, I couldn’t resist

If we did a custom wheel then yes you are correct, but what about the same core as Orangatang, 75A, and a black colour?

1 Like

same wheel size and shape? just a different color?

Same diameter, black/white colour maybe, and a softer durometer like the old abec flywheels

thats too close to something you can already buy for my taste… and just to get a different color really isn’t worth it. I want to go more towards the all terrain direction, since thats whats really missing on the market

I’d mainly do it for the durometer, 75A are hard to find nowadays. Maybe we could design a wheel and get it made from a Chinese manufacturer? With 6mm or so holes in the hubs so bolts can be fitted, or an easy snap in design. The clones seem to be quite grippy

did you find out something?

Oh yes !! Abec11 is coming out with a purpose design 107mm flywheels for electric longboards.

More details have to be dusclouse by them :wink:

It’s going to be awesome :grin:

5 Likes

I though the “electric flywheel” already was intended for power. All I can imagine is them possibly adding a pulley to the core

It is but everyone know that it has to be trimmed in order to fit most boards and the overall look is not that appealing.

So they are redesigning it.

1 Like

do you think they’ll change the core/rim the pulleys mount to, so current ones won’t fit anymore?

What do you think is the ideal size for urathane wheel,…is 107 to Big ? , how much do they weigh ?

I would love to see a 90mm Black Kegal !!

Orangatang is coming out with a bigger ?wheel but only in prototype stages.

I think 90 is not big enough. 107 might be too big. at least I think its the maximum before pneumatic becomes the better choice. maybe 97/100mm is the sweet spot? and does weight really matter with electric skateboards? don’t all our builds have more than enough power?

im really wanting 125mm urethane rings for the std pneumatic hubs that are around! trampa hypa/superstar, mbs, evolve!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

…The weight concern was about if you have to carry board around.

shouldnt be a problem