Insoles and heel support

Ah no. Also I can feel the board better with Dr scholls then the ultracush insoles.

So dr scholes compress over time? I thought the gel material were suppose to last.

dirt, sweat, and millions of vibrations. they microshear internally and loose their support

pretty much all supoort for feet are designed for compression and rebound. you stand on your board so they are in compressed state. Add micro vibrations and sweat and dirt it basically turns into abrasion while compressed - as the soles never go into rebound.

but thats with anything, add in sufficient vibrations when a.material is close to its material strength limit and things start wearing exponentially faster.

I’ll have to report back in a few months then. Maybe the extra noene inserts will help minimize the microshearing in the dr scholls inserts.

That was directed at @Ixf as everyone knows the first few weeks of skateing your ankles feet or Achilles hurt because of new muscle you have never used.

Oh ok. I was like rararararara! Lol

I been on eskate for almost 2 years now. :wink: I gone through the phase of having burn on the rear legs Figuring out the posture. Shifting the weight. Pain isn’t on the muscle but rather right on the heels. Wasn’t a problem with the BGT or my EVO DIY. The pain seem to have started with the trampa decks. Bindings seem to have made it worse since the whole foot is pretty much always on the board. I can’t lift the back of my foot to take pressure off.

Definitely about foot position and sustained contact. You’d think that the rock hard evo would be less forgiving than the flex of a trampa but the fact that you can shift your feet helps a bunch. I have only ridden a trampa for a couple of hours with bindings and it did affect my legs more than anything without them. I just put it down to new board but thinking about it logically staying in one place for an extended period does change the effect of fatigue. Its going to take some more training to get used to the new position. I tend to get fatigue now even if I’m sitting still though so wtf do I know?

Deck is part of it. The torque and the shoes probably are contributing factors too. I swapped to flat shoes, they hold better on the curved trampa deck but they really don’t cushion the heels like my running shoes do. I also got a pretty large step up in terms of torque Yes you should shift the weight in front but when you are hard accelerating your back foot is going to feel some of the pressure.
But regardless of why my heel hurts and I am probably going to get a set of vans + insoles and see if it improves at all :smiley:

2 Likes

Before hitting the half-pipe or the skate park, every skateboarder needs a reliable pair of skate shoes with matching skateboarding shoe insoles that provide ample protection from impact and maximum shock absorption.