Interest in 10S7P/10S6P/10S5P battery packs

Hi guys. I was wondering if there is any interest in 10S7P, 10S6P, or even 10S5P battery packs. I have a trusted supplier that makes high quality battery packs. I currently own a 10S7P battery pack from them. Just trying to gauge demand. The 10S7P is equipped with a 100A continuous BMS and 30Q cells. Here are some images.

Thanks for reading.

Prices? Location?

2 Likes

I dont want to be rude, but I hate typing this out for the umpteenth time

Thank you for showing everyone here another option for a battery maker, but:

• theres literally no fishpaper for insulation

This isnt great, you cant have rubbing balance wires

These welds look valid, but these

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ image

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ look weak

10 Likes

Don’t forget the square nickel corners :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. This is a prototype essentially and can be improved in future versions.

Edit: There is insulation on the sides.

I had written a second post, tabbed away and its gone.

Well thats good that you can clear these issues. Also remember that hot glue to hold the cells together isnt a great option, use a silicone based product ( do your research, certain types will harm your battery due to a certain compound in them)

2 Likes

Will do for future packs.

This is what I mean by insulate the welded nickel strip from the cell. (This next bit is just something I read before) The entire outside of the cell is the negative terminal, so imagine having a short due to a broken nickel weld. (End of read-online knowledge) Instead, with the fishpaper, you would probably just have to walk home instead of calling the local fire department :stuck_out_tongue:

Additionally its a great example of cutting/rounding the edges of the nickle strip. Its another form of safety against shorts or pointy edges :+1:

2 Likes

Shipped from USA. Pricing will vary based on the final product. Likely around $650 for a 10S7P.

Thanks for the example. Will definitely implement these changes in the next version.

1 Like

Also, some users are interested in packs that are flexible. They can range from almost no flex to high amounts of flex. Just be aware that having a continuous strip of nickle wont allow for any flex at all)

This is a battery similar to the one I am having built for my mildly flexy board image

As you can see The connections between p groups is made by regular wire. Dont be afraid to get creative (while being safe :stuck_out_tongue: ) we need some new creative ways to build batteries (shape, layout, anything else? lol)

2 Likes

Is this a chinese manufactured battery that you are purchasing and reselling?

4 Likes

Oh you :smiley:  

3 Likes

I know people hate hearing these things, I just dont want someone to go :boom:

No cheekyness here :joy:

3 Likes

I’m just janking on you :smiley:

2 Likes

It is manufactured in China but it is one of a kind, built to order. I specifically requested every part of this to be a battery pack suitable for e-skate, specifically the 100A BMS. I have to buy in bulk if I were planning to resell. I am currently just trying to gauge interest in larger battery packs like these.

I don’t think many people would be interested because you seem to be the only one who used them and we already have many reputable battery sellers such as @thisguyhere or @psychotiller. Also many Chinese’s battery’s use fake cells which sag and don’t preform like the battery builders I listed above. We would have to have multiple people test them and I’m not sure anyone would trust them.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for your comment, but the only way for someone to become reputable is to built it by selling a product. I am open to having people test them. Also these are not fake cells. I am aware that some manufacturers use fake cells but these are from a reputable manufacturer that produces many e-bike battery packs. Also not sure why you would say nobody would trust them. I am being very transparent and showing everything that goes inside a pack. I am also responding to feedback and can work on improving the design in the future.

If you give the name of the company, I think more people would be interested

I hope I didn’t get to you as offensive. How can we trust someone when no company name has been mentioned? I’m just really paranoid when it comes to battery’s because I recently had a fire, and there’s only a few people I would trust making batteries. Also price wise, @psychotiller cells a 10s6p for 515$ and makes quality packs. He is located in the US and many people in my own opinion would lean towards him making a battery then a chinease company. Dave is one of the most respected members on this forum as his products are top notch. Another problem with buying batteries from China is when or if anyone encounteres a problem, getting a battery repaired will probably be very costly considering the shipping, customs, etc.

3 Likes