Interest in CRonin Mount

My machinist ran a stress test on the piece and the only weak spot was where the clamp meets the arm which was beefed up.

That’s the best I can provide without real world testing.

1 Like

He is just selling the mounts right, not the trucks themselves. So what axle are we talking about?

OK, here’s where we are at…

Running a 280mm belt you are getting 1.5" ground clearance either side (front or back mount) which is about even with the hanger. Mount will be $50 + Shipping which is $7 flat rate. All hardware included.

Mount will be 7075 Aluminum, Anodized flat black, no clear coat. This mount will work with the standard 32mm bolt pattern standard to a 63mm motor. If you have a specific bolt pattern request, let me know.

I am working on the axle price now.

1 Like

I’m new to Ronins.

Which truck should I buy? The basic cast model or the Adjustable cast model?

The adjustable one just has a trimmed hanger and spacer?

Any considerations for each model?

awesome, definitely down for 2, and 1 axle. @JLabs do you think your motor will fit this? You said yours was 30mm mounting holes, i thought that was standard 63mm pattern

@CSN These are the ones I am working with. I believe all cast Ronins are the same regardless of color…

https://www.amazon.com/Ronin-180mm-degree-Longboard-Trucks/dp/B00BPOYZ92/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1474508657&sr=8-7&keywords=ronin+trucks

@Jinra I measured my Enertion 6374 and I came up with 31.5mm. I have read that 32mm is standard. I can make it to what ever we come up with. Just a couple of keystrokes.

Taking out my calipers and measuring all motors on shelf, can’t remember if std is 30 or 32mm lol. Let’s CrowdSource an answer, weigh in people! The

Definitely in for 2 mounts and 2 axles!

I was bored so drew up what a mount and I’m posting it here as a suggestion. hope you don’t mind.

Looks good. What are the set screws on the motor side for? Belt tension?

Now that we have a final CTC distance, we can extend the beveling from the clamp to the motor, something more like your drawing. The motor bolts slots will be broken into four segments like you have for strength reasons. Two long tracks makes machining extremely easy, but you loose strength.

@caustin I have been doing the 3d prints at 31mm, little file action and they fit real nice. Could be the print is off by a fraction of a MM, but I want confirmation before my guy runs these!

have you been measuring from hole center to hole center, or edge to edge?

Edge to edge is 34.84, bolt diameter is 3.86, CTC should be 30.98mm.

outer edge to outer edge? couldn’t you find ctc by measuring outer edge to inner edge?

Same thing…

The screws are to protect the aluminum from the ground and to be able to stand it up from the motor side. The CTC I think is needed is from 74-80mm. what CTC distance you thinking? Don’t forget to test while leaning on the board because if motor touches the truck while riding you might not have a good day.

On another note, how come the center distance can’t be shorter? on @torqueboards v4 mount the belt length is 255mm.

I’d be interested in a couple mounts and a couple of axles as well. 7075 style.

ctc is derived from my 15/36t gearing 280mm minimum distance of inward mounting in my cronin motor adapter thread! the support pin adds extra compared to calibers or any other truck!

1 Like