[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi matt, You should create you own thread and also post the pictures directly into the thread. You will get much better results.

Thanks, I plan on doing that but I don’t have privileges to create a new thread yet. Been lurking here for too long haha

EDIT: Looks like I now am able to post a new topic so it’s on the way!

Yeah. Normally after a few days of reading article’s you automatically get an upgrade allowing you to post and do more.

whats up esk8ers. im stephen. I have built multiple mountanboards using mbs boards and custom motor mount. insta is @assaultboards monsters. Dual turnigy 6374 192kv 4000w 80A motors, 10s4p, i usually use lghg2 batteries, but have also used samsung 30Qs… I love the esk8 world so i figured i would get more involved on forums. I have also done some builds with ownboards products, they have some good stuff. Im happy to chat it up with people about eboards so hit me up

2 Likes

Hi Stephen. Thanks for sharing.

You should consider creating your own build threads too, this way you have a record of your creations and it might help others learn to build like you.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m completely new here. I’ve been riding a slightly modified wowgo2s (deckswap, bushings, waterproofing, etc) for a year now almost every day, and a regular longboard for years before. I feel that I want more in power as well as in range, and as I am a diy enthusiast (mostly cars) I thought I would delve into the diy esk8 world, and build my own board. As a first build, I intend to base it on someone else’s setup. I’ve found an astonishingly cool build by @Idea (X7 - Jet Invasion Voyager-X | Evolve trucks | Dual 6368 140kv | Custom 10S6p 35E | Focbox Unity | GearDrive |) I want to build the same, or a very similar powertrain:

FlipSky 6368 140kv 10S6P Samsung 35E Focbox Unity

I have a budget around 850USD. If this renowned community agrees with these principles of my build, I thought I start ordering parts, as shipping takes ages. I have one concrete question, concerning the VESC. On enertion’s site they are selling a Motor Adapter PCB. Despite my thorough search, I wasn’t able to find any info on what this part is, and whether is needed for my build.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi everyone. Got myself a mountain board a couple of years ago as I had an old strimmer engine I wanted to fit to it. Quickly realized electric is the way to go. Want to build a budget eboard with dual motors on the rear. Ha e been looking at sourcing some cheap parts on wish and ali-express (I’m sure there’ll be lots of opinions on that) I reckon I’m still looking at £300-£400 worth of parts at least. Does that sound a out right? Can I start a build thread for specific advise?

Motor adapter pcb is really only needed if using the raptor 2 battery enclosure. Its how to wire are routed from inside to rear trucks.

1 Like

Sourcing cheap parts can often lead to complications and disappointment.

Read this: Are DIY Electric Skateboards Cheaper? | The False Economy

Thank you!

Im still trying to figure out how to ask a question on this forum

1 Like

Hi guys thanks for any information in advance I have a 12 s 5p battery with dual vesc running 2 5065 200kv Motors on the board iam running now want to run 12 by 70 chain gear ratio with 8in tires can the motors handle it

I’am new here and i have issues with motor of my skate Exway X1 first model and hit the motor and broken the cable of 1 tire Don’t know where can i left for them correct that, I can’t reached cable inside de motor just 6 of 9 cables

1 Like

That thing is screwed. Get a new motor from Exway.

1 Like

Gday, just thought I’d introduce myself, as there has gotta be at least one Deckhead in every group, lol, I am pretty new to Electric decks although I have been skating for around 32 years now, currently riding an evolve GT redecked I guess you could say with a landyachtz evo falcon, and starting to collect bits for a planned mountain board build also which I will share once I start assembly. Cheers to all and have a great day!

1 Like

good choice, welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Cheers! they are a great deck, I got the 41 but I am going to build a custom 36 after my mountainboard is done for sure. After riding it I even bought myself one of their ATV completes for street hacking and could not recommend trying one more.

1 Like

has a similar deck and they stock eboosted enclosures along with them sometimes.

yep, about the only differences between them is they are 7 ply and landyachtz are 9 and the landyachtz has a deeper concave, coming from a skating background I prefer less flex and rely on a good concave to keep me locked in, it’s one thing that I love about the landyachtz after going to them, stick like glue it seems.

1 Like

Hey Esk8 friends. Iv owned a Backfire G3 & Exway Flex. This is my 1st build. As far as assembly of DIY board i should be fine, I am an aircraft mechanic i have soldered and done everything needed to make one of these.

My Goal is to make a somewhat flexy deck straight mount or drop through board with Calliber 2 trucks also want dual belt motors that will match up with cloud wheels or rubber type wheel like the (Bound Motor rubber street wheels) however what i am lacking is the knowledge on what battery size motor size and ESC that are compatible together to reach 25mph with a 15-20 mile range. Please help me out with some suggestions guys thanks!