[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

I built my first board a couple of years ago (about 2017) and have recently got an itch to build a new board. saw the community give-away so here i am hoping to become an eskate bro

4 Likes

It depends on the prebuilt. If itā€™s a hub motor board, RIP service or upgrades.

4 Likes

Whatā€™s your name?!!

1 Like

Awesome, welcome.

1 Like

TnA lol Tony and Alicia

2 Likes

Well depends. My prebuilt has been upgraded so much that the only original parts are the bushings :grinning:

2 Likes

thatā€™s not a prebuilt thatā€™s a diy

2 Likes

Fuck you Tony!!! And Alicia

1 Like

now it is.

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: my boyfriends wet dream)

4 Likes

Hello, I am just introducing myself. I took up electric skateboarding last year with a Backfire G3. I am now, after 100+ miles, looking to upgrade to something much more capable which brought me here while doing research. I am not so much looking at a pure DIY build, more a prebuild I can upgrade if I feel the need. Im looking at the Flux Motion and the Lacroix Nazare. So if you have any opinions on either feel free to share with me. Thanks for all the great topics/conversation covered on this forum :slight_smile:

3 Likes

welcome to the forum. iff you do decide going the entirely diy route donā€™t hesitate to make a thread about it. otherwise other people with more experience should be able to help u

3 Likes

I consider both of those board already pretty beefy. What would you plan on doing to them if you are thinking about buying then upgrading?

2 Likes

My thoughts were doing little things and just working my way around to see how everything works together. So maybe changing gears and seeing how it effects performance. Changing wheels and hubs to feel the different riding comfort and range. Changing remotes, maybe the motors, upgrade to a gear drive? All sorts of bits and pieces to learn more and just make it my own.

3 Likes

Welcome wikid. I went the prebuilt then upgrade rout too. Just find a cheap/broken board on Craigslist then put in a nice vesc. Found a couple with ā€œbrokenā€ remotes aka didnā€™t know how to pair. Saved loads of moneys.

2 Likes

I only mod completes.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your DIY route brother

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been eyeing a DIY lacroix build hard. @18s.proto has a super nice build on Instagram.

4 Likes

Thats so funny you mentioned that insta, I was drooling over that build yesterday that just ticks all my wants in range, speed, and looks. I should look at pricing it all out and see where it comes at compared to the Flux Motion board. If its about the same it might be fun to try a full DIY build instead of just upgrading a pre built.

3 Likes

anything that involves a lacroix board will be awesome

1 Like