[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Welcome! I’m afraid eskates are too modern to have a Classic yet!

2 Likes

you havent seen the old stuff…

2 Likes

Link something… Fascinated to see what you’re considering!

1 Like

@Venom121212 do you have your pic of your original esk8

that is classic

edit: 20180607_140803

4 Likes

Hello there, new to esk8s but have been skateboarding since I was ~14 (i’m 49 now). Looking to build my first, but also thinking of buying something cheap to get my feet wet. I’m originally from Chicago, now live in the boonies of Indiana, so I’ll be building an AT board to deal with the roads around here, the area is not super friendly to skateboards, or bicycles for that matter. Already finding a ton of good info here, I hope to start buying stuff soon!

3 Likes

Hey Skotsour! Welcome to the ESK8 forum.

I’m new here too but I wouldnt recommend cheap, especially for the battery and electronics. Maybe look into something used from a reputable seller.

3 Likes

Yeah, the more I look around, the more I’m thinking cheap would just be a waste of money. I might cheat and start out with a kit. Not sure which kit yet, though

2 Likes

This might sound a bit disingenous but I’m going to shamelessly plug the Verreal kit I won a few months back. Comes with a battery box, deck, wheels, bearings and 2 rather beefy motors.

The kit I got does not come with battery, esc or remote. You’d have to source those separately or maybe look into another more complete kit.

Not sure if 100mm (or maybe they are 110mm I forget) street wheels are your thing, those come with the kit, or maybe you’d want pneumatic mountainboard wheels and tyres.

Might be worth looking into.

2 Likes

Welcome fellow wordplay. Hope you’ll find what you’re looking for. Stay safe though!

3 Likes

I will definitely look into it, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

good kit but not as good as you could make. consider diy a real option

1 Like

man oh man…the year is 50% done already.

3 Likes

Welcome!! Hope you enjoy our community!

1 Like

That’s crazy to ponder.

1 Like

right! I haven’t got half the things I wanted to get done.

half those things weren’t even on the list 6mo prior haha.

1 Like

I makE a ebiike

3 Likes

Be careful, it’s addictive

3 Likes

Not sure if I posted in the right place before. So here it goes again…

Hey hey, long time lurker, first time poster here.

I’ve been reading about building a mountain board for some time now and I think I’ve finally got enough of an idea about it to put together a list of parts I’ll be using to build the board.

I’ve been skateboarding, riding dirt bikes, and cycling for as long as I can remember. But mountain boards are a whole new world for me, let alone electric mountain boards. I have lots of experience working with electronics and batteries and all that, but please do let me know if I’ve missed something in my parts list.

For the motors, I’ll be using Turnigy SK8 6374 149kw motors. Two of them to be exact.

Cost: $111 X 2= $222+Shipping?

For the trucks, motor mounts, wheels and tires, and hubs I’ll be using the DIYEBoard 11” offroad AllTerrain Truck Kit With 8” Pneumatic Tires.

http://www.diyeboard.com/11-offroad-allterrian-truck-kit-with-8-pneumatic-tires-p-709.html

Cost: $298.00+Shipping?

I’m also playing with the idea of using that same truck/wheel/mount kit, but also including the motors in the kit.

http://www.diyeboard.com/11-offroad-allterrian-power-truck-kit-with-8-pneumatic-tires-p-576.html

Cost: $369+Shipping?

This would negate the cost of the motors above, dropping the total build cost by $151. My problem here is that the motors are smaller at 6354 but higher KW rating at 180kw.

For the ESC, I’ll use the Flipsky Dual FSESC4.20 Plus with Remote.

Cost: $257

Price is cheaper direct from Flipsky, so I quoted that price instead.

For the battery, I’ll use these.

Yes, I’m aware of not using batteries from untrusted vendors. I trust this vendor.

Cost: $92

For the deck, I’ll use this one I found on Ebay, saving the trucks and wheels for some other random project.

Cost: $140

I’ve already got wires, connectors, tools, and a shop, so that’s all covered.

Price with using the Turnigy Sk8 Motors: $1,009 USD Price using the 6354 motors included in the truck kit: $856

I still have a month or two before I start building. So for now, I’ll start by buying the stuff that I know will take some time to ship to the US. The rest, I’ll start scouring the buy/sell pages on FB, here, and Reddit.

I want this build to be as cheap as possible, while still maintaining a decent level of durability and dependability. I’m open to all ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

1 Like

i would love to transform my bike to an ebike but i have no idea how. Also a bit insecure has my bike isn’t that old yet and i don’t want to F things up.

1 Like