[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hi Skitzor

Not quite - the Hall Sensor wires are x 5: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Black, but from the controller there is an additional white which I left unconnected as there is nothing to connect it to :). The motor A, B & C are the same, and I have made sure they match up by splicing. Thick Red and Black - check.

Not sure about the others in the picture. … definately don’t have the door locks or self study (??) or reverse or cruise

1 Like

nice color scheme

2 Likes

That’s for Motor Temperature, you won’t need it.

@Skitzor Funny to see Motor and Hall using the same three colours in a different order, can’t help but feel like someone missed a trick coming up with that wiring convention.

1 Like

until now I’ve dealt with 3 different chinese ebike controllers, all 750W versions, all different wiring and no documentation. I would assume, red an black for voltage and whatever other 3 colors for the halls. Most likely white being temp. But I haven’t seen bike hub motors with temp actually.

3 Likes

I heard there was going to be cookies.

2 Likes

Where did you heard that ?

1 Like

I heard there was new members sharing DIY plans. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hi @cian and welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Super useful!

1 Like

Nice! Looks awesome!

3 Likes

Chema what’s up bro?

2 Likes

How can I combine these ESCs? I see there is a spot with 8 leads on one side of the board and I know they have been sold as a pre-wired pair on ebay. I added a ton of battery to my board and have over 3 hours of runtime - might be too much at 36v/30ah. I’m willing to settle for ~90min runtime with 4wd/awd.

Please help me figure out which ports on the board need to be connected or if there has been a post on this already (I couldn’t find one).

3 Likes

The closest I could find was this: 4WD ESC using dual ESC x 2 but it’s for an older version of the boards.

The numbers on the board are SZLY-01-3S5480-5.2V and SZLY-20200916

time worth researching is more than they are worth.