[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

Hey man… My name is Wendy. I live in the middle of hillbilly hell… But I fell in love here. Skating helps me ignore these bumpkin ducks and be able to smile…i love my board. But I need help…we have issues with motors

2 Likes

Hi welcome to the forum. Be careful, some of these guys haven’t seen a real girl before. What’s your issue? I’ll subscribe.

1 Like

I’m poor and building my boards out of 2 scrap dm2 gen 2s and my motors are clicking and locking up but trying to turn. Was wondering if screws or original hardware would cause that or if I’m just fucked…lol

1 Like

I have lots of hillbillies in my family tree and I miss the midwest. So not sure if I should say welcome or be offended.

3 Likes

Post pics and videos if you can and we can analyze the issue.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey I should be on that list! :sob:

2 Likes

Hello eskaters! I have been trying to get in the game for quite some time now, and I finally have my first prototype. It’s a pretty old model, but the guy I bought it off of never took it out of the box. It’s the Maverick Urban Spirit. The thing is a 28 lb, certified tank of an e-board. The max speed is only like 15mph. But since it has sat in a box in someone’s basement for >5 years, the batteries are beyond dead. Best part about it though, I can get the same batteries that came stock in this thing from walmart for $23.99 each. That said, the batteries are on their way to my local walmart right now. I’ll definitely be out there riding as soon as they come in.

2 Likes

Welcome to the ESK8 forum, Pecka.

What kind of batteries are you finding from the wallmart? I generally like to avoid the place since they abuse their employees and the whole store reeks of cancer and fresh plastics.

1 Like

It takes two 12v 9ah lead batteries. I really would like to just get it in riding shape, then sell it and put that money towards something better. When I was working full-time this summer(in college now), I had money and almost threw $700 to flipsky.com just for trucks, motors, wheels, and a 6.6 vesc. Was going to build a 12s flat battery pack and find a cheap deck to slap it all on. I really like the street board build by Kami Juins on youtube, and basically wanted to copy what he did(except I was just gonna go with flipsky trucks instead of trampas). I still plan on doing that build sometime, and will definitely be using this forum for help when the time comes.

2 Likes

Oh. Do be careful with those SLA batteries. Switching over to Lifepo4 would be a great idea if you get the chance. Check out BatteryHookup.com, jag35.com and similar discounters for some good deals.

2 Likes

Hi there ! I’ve been cruising around this forum for a while, learning a lot from you guys and trying to move forward with 3 different builds in parallel. All 3 are street boards, a ly evo with 7" AT wheels and dual 6374, an Arbor fish single 6374 with 80mm kegels and an Arbor timeless with dual 6355 and 97mm flywheels. Not done yet, slow work in progress but I 'll post pictures once they are completed ! Thank for all your very usefull advices !

3 Likes

Hiya, Seb! Glad you could join us. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Wendy, welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

I wanna see this being ridden. Sounds dangerous :rofl:

What’s up @b264 long time no see

4 Likes

Definitely ! 3 boards but just one remote, I saved money wherever I could :rofl:

3 Likes

What parts are you missing to get a working board?

1 Like

Here’s a noobie question: why do we use motors where the whole thing spins, as opposed to normal motors where just the spindle spins?

1 Like

Those are called outrunner motors versus inrunner motors.

Some folks do use inrunner motors like @MoeStooge but not many folks around here.

Inrunner motors seem to be happier at higher Kv. So with inrunners you would typically need more gear reduction to the wheels, especially with large wheels. However, if you could overcome those problems, inrunners may work well and be more efficient. Efoil builds often use inrunner motors.

3 Likes

Only use inrunners… Outrunners possible under water?

Moe stooge is on another level of crazy. 800 kv that’s a lot.

And also heat. Inrunners be fine in north Dakota in the winter.

3 Likes