[Introductions] New member? Introduce yourself and share your DIY plans

psychotiller: Never tried snowboarding, should do it sometime, only just recently picked up longboarding too.

Onloop: yes, but i don’t mind the wait, seeing as it comes so highly praised.

Hello wonderfull people of e skate from Minnesota. My name is Hans Swanson and I’d like to say thank you. this forum is an exelent resourse and has taught me alot. I am in the process of building my first e skateboard and have sadly run into some issues. I bought an under capacity esc and because I already redid the wiring wasn’t able to return it. 87 dollars down the drain. Being 15 years old with my only job mowing someones lawn was alot of money. Now I am using an alien twin esc and having issues. I think I am just going to return it and get the vesc because it looks sweet and have heard great things a bought it. When it’s done I hope for the best. Sorry for going on and on. you guys and girls have a great day. (Are their any girls on this forum?)

2 Likes

I think @Sk8ter_babe is a girl. Only one girl. Haha

Im fairly sure she isnt real

1 Like

Hello Krudte here, 22 and I’m from denmark! I plan to bulid a e-board, from what I’ve read so far I’m thinking Dual Rear motors and a longboard for the base. Completely green when it comes to both the electronics and the skatebording part, (I have never riden once before) e-boards seems like a bunch of fun and a great build project! Much love to this site for being so informative, being the neewbie I am, all help is GREAT! :smiley:

1 Like

Lol. She’s a robot. Or a man…

1 Like

Welcome! Make a build thread so we can help you out with your choices of parts.

1 Like

Thanks! Will do! :slight_smile: :grinning:

Hey, don’t worry about the skateboarding part. most of my mates had never stepped foot on a skateboard until I made them an electric. e boards are actually a lot easier to ride than a regular skate board. you don’t have to kick or pivot which is the hard part of skating, and e boards also have brakes which skateboards don’t.

2 Likes

Hi eBoarders,

Been lurking around this site for awhile, think it is time to say hello!

My name is Pat and I got into eboards when trying to build my own version of an ESC at university. After I finished designing and building it I found out that the VESC existed which was disappointing. If I summited the VESC I would of got the highest mark ever for that course!!

Now I’m up to my second build!

• Carbon Fibre Deck - enertion
  • VESC - enertion (waiting V4.10)
  • Single R-spec 2.0 motor - enertion
  • Single rear motor mount -
  • nunchuck remote

I’ll post pics when I finish the build, just waiting on the VESC to arrive.

1 Like

Welcome! Sounds like an epic build!

sorry everything is taking so long… im never going on holiday again! clearly nothing happens smoothly when you are not watching it for 3 weeks! :frowning:

Also, i don’t think the DIY electric skateboard mount will work on the CF deck, you probably have to mount it backwards. It’s a long mount.

No worries @onloop, no rush from this member.

I’ll have to check the DIY mount. It’s a older version where a steel mount is just welded to the truck. I used this in a diagonal setup for my old board.

I’ll probably end up getting your mounts too @onloop, might be a christmas present for myself!

1 Like

Hi everyone !

I m Baptiste, a french guy from Bordeaux and I’m very happy to join your community ! I am planning to build the following setup (which is very similar to Pato’s) :

• deck : Arbor fish
  • Single R-SPEC motor (Enertion)
  • VESC 4.10 (Enertion)
  • Enertion pro kit for single drive (Enertion)
  • battery : 12S 5000mAh (hobbykinng)
  • Power-Swich anti-spark (diyelectricskateboard)
  • Wattmeter (ebay)
  • Nyko kama remote (ebay)

Now I am just waiting for the material to arrive in order to start this adventure :smile:. But until then I ll be reading your posts, they are full of awsome knowledges!

See ya !

PS : @Onloop don’t worry holiday are essential to clean your head and keep doing good work !

4 Likes

love the arbor fish; I built a board on the timeless walnut, but ended up turning it back normal because it had a pretty significant amount of flex, and I was using a long non flexible battery… you will be fine though because your battery isn’t as large as mine was.

good luck with the build!

1 Like

Thanks! The timeless is also great ! I chose mine based on a guy’s project on another forum who made a wonderful board. He delt with the non flexible battery by using Velcro fastening and apprently it kept the deck flex without any trouble. But I prefered the fish wich is shorter and easier to carry.

2 Likes

Hello all, My name is Tom, I’m basically a 16 year old kid stuck in a 48 year old body. I’m a long-time skateboarder, the first board I bought dates back to 1975. I’m also an engineer by profession and I like to tinker with stuff. And: I’m an RC-model enthusiast. So getting into DIY e-board seemed to be the next step: here I am. My wife and kids think I’ve lost it… :sunglasses: I’m currently sitting on plans to build a dual-motor rear drive board. The deck will most likely be an old loaded Dervish, which has been my go-to board ever since it came out. Ideally I’d like to be able to switch from road wheels to all-terrain wheels with minimal hassle. I already have the R-spec motors and two VESC on order from Jason. I’ll be using the Nyko Kama nunchuck to control it. Drive-train-wise I’ve not yet decided which path to take, but I’ll keep you posted of any progress I make in a build thread which I’ll create once my ideas crystallize. Cheers, Tom.

6 Likes

Whaddup yallllll!!!

I am new to this, but since I program for a living I would love to use that to bring something to the community. I have already fried through one ESC and am most excited to gets its replacement soon here. Excited to help out where I can, hopeful to learn a lot, and willing to put in the time.

Will get a build thread rolling soon!!

3 Likes

WELCOME MATE!.. look forward to you getting involved

hey guys. been reading a lot of info here so i am over due to signing up. jason with enertian told me to sign up here for help and suggestions. starting my first build now and still have a lot of things to order still. finishing up my board right now so i will start a thread to post pics and progress. i suck with electronics but i am going to learn how to do this because it seems like a lot of fun!

1 Like

WELCOME KAI!.. we all look forward to seeing your build unfold