Is 31 miles of range going ~16mph on a board weighing ~17.4lbs possible?

Unfortunately no, this was posted by @Sk8. He might have better pics…have not sen them anywhere else. I will ask one of the riders I know that’s in the beta testing group to take another picture.

1 Like

So I have managed to get this photo. From gt battery

1 Like

What? It is only 360wh nominal voltage?

No way that is correct. That is the exact same Carbon Street battery spec. Look here:

Plus, they spec the GT as a 42v battery not 36v. You need a better shot @loose_nickers or that wasn’t it at all, where did you get that from?

@Mr_Mahal It is 36v nominal and 42v fully charged.

1 Like

no, just for the sake of argument. The raptors have 10s3p’s in them. The standalone spacecell he sells now is 10s4p like @Jinra mentioned. I get 15 miles / 23-25 km at mostly full throttle in curvy landscape. I’m quite happy with that !

Ok, same 10Ah as the previous though…

Edit: Can someone explain this lol

Different motors? Reduced power output?

I’m just wondering how if their using the same voltage and Ah how they can go from single to dual motors and have even more range and more power…

agree, I don’t think this is possible

Marketing… tis a magical thing. You would need to deplete this pack to a dangerous level to even come close to reaching 31 miles.

I did a little digging and it is very doubtful that you can fit 18650 cells in that enclosure, not enough thickness. They really should have left the hatch on the bottom side so users could upgrade to 18650’s later like you can with the older models. I just finished a 10s6p pack for an evolve carbon rider but the battery cover needs to be shimmed a little to make them fit. Can’t do that with the hatch topside.

I’m still waiting to confirm that is the actual GT battery and spec. It doesn’t make any sense if it is because that would mean every person that’s ever tried it would have poor battery life and lied about it lasting. It would be a shit ton of effort to continuously fake all these tests for no reason in the end. This would be found out very quickly when when first batch gets delivered and they would see returns within a day or 2 if it indeed won’t last. @chaka doesn’t matter how much marketing they do if it doesn’t last when customers get it there will be outrage, returns, and no one (else) will buy it…that simple…hopefully this is not what will happen

You over estimate the percentage of people who take their outrage to the internet. Crappy range hasn’t hurt them in the past but seeing older boards with upgraded packs will certainly provide a little angst for the gt owners when they find out they can’t do the same.

They really did a number on you guys with their marketing, I mean people were scrambling to pay over $2k for essentially an evolve carbon with outrunner motors and a new ESC. Marketing is like crack for consumers.

2 Likes

Let me speak for myself, I will make it my mission to tell everyone how shitty it is if it gets worse range than I would expect. I don’t expect to get 30 miles on a charge because I have hills and ride fast and do a lot of start and stop. But 23-25 miles should still be possible…I will be testing the range a variety of different ways, mainly on a track and then doing my reg commute.

Considering the number people I know that are active on the forums, here, reddit, YouTube etc that are getting it and will be testing I doubt word/video/pic evidence will not spread fast. Sure, some people will not listen or care, that’ll be on them though. There are quite a few that are waiting for me to test it that will listen and that’s enough for me…after that I’ll just return and move on, no big deal. People may have scrembled to pay 2k only to be disappointed in the end but at least they can get (most of) their money back.

Isn’t the space cell pro 4 360 Wh? Remembering this response earlier in the thread:

“well if it is in fact a 10S4P battery just like the raptor this could easily be possible with a different 18650 battery used. You say the Raptor goes 25miles on 2500mAh Samsungs then the GT on LG HG2 3000mAh cells could go 3000/2500*25miles = 30miles. Add this to the more “economical” drivetrain with less top speed and you get your 31miles.”

But if you guys are saying the enclosure wouldn’t be able to fit the specific type of batteries needed to get the range idk…

The Raptor is using LG’s too. At least the three space cells I have opened up!

Some day we will know.

Yeah but only HE2 or HE4 - which both are similar to the Samsung 25R and have 2500mAh. The HG2 have 3000mAh - that is a 20% increase in capacity at the same size.

You are right sir!

The problem with that plan is the fact that under perfect conditions, average speed and rider weight you will be able to get 30 miles of range and your ranting will be discredited.

Take my boards for instance. I only get about 20-25 miles on a charge but I weigh around 185-200 lbs and I spend most of my time above 30mph or burning up watts getting there. Of the few beta testers out there all of them are reporting well over 30 miles on a charge, some as high as 45 miles. This is why manufactures should disclose capacity rather than range. Similar to fuel tank specs on an automobile.

1 Like

it doesn’t matter what cells you’re using if the total pack is 36 volts at 10Ah then you have a 360 watt hour battery.

Is 30 miles possible on a 360 watt hour pack is the question here. Probably if you’re riding at 8 mph the entire time on flats and slight declines.

my 10S4P 36v 10Ah (360 watt hour) packs get about 20 miles out of a charge while averaging 18mph on slightly mixed elevation, read: normal bike path terrain.

Also, the weight of the board is practically, while not totally, irrelevant. ITs marketing bullet points and the only reason it matters is because you have to carry it. Rider weight varies much more than the difference between a 15 pound esk8 and a 20 pound esk8. I’m 150 pounds and i get the range i do on 17-20 pound boards. A guy weighing 180 isn’t going to get that range even if he’s on a kevlar/carbon fiber space base composite deck, so advertised ranges have little do do with board weight and are pretty much unreliable, which is why i tell people how much i weigh when i post stats most of the time.