Is eSk8 On The Decline?

Truth …

Wow, this was helpful to see.

Wait, skateboarding in the Olympics?! Awesome!

This makes sense. Everybody’s out riding!

That’s probably the opposite of what’s happening. Pre-made makes it easier to get into the hobby.

yes makes it easier to get into esk8 and thats good, but alot of those people will later turn to DIY

Why shouldn’t it exist? There’s no way you can say a skateboard is the same as a longboard, or what’s done with them is the same. The more the lines between these genres become clear, the better the tech and innovation for that particular genre.

1 Like

This is a dumb thread. No, it’s not on the decline. It’s been growing for years. There are more vendors than ever, more forum members, more boards. The idea that esk8 put muirskate out of business is stupid. Yes, @jess.t.moody, you’re out of touch.

2 Likes

Ok, so clarify them all for me, write down the 40 or so genres or forms of skateboarding and find “longboarding” on there for me…it’s not a genre…it’s a group of them, subjective and meaningless…Thge reality of the situation is at all 40 are “skateboarding” including all those forms considered “longboarding”…the term is meaningless to us now…except for marketing purposes for placing things in categories…

Something could also come along and replace ESK8. I’d trade my diy boards for a gravity variation :slight_smile:

I waited 20 years for the tech to mature enough for me to take the plunge. What makes me happy is that it’s still technically in it’s infancy :grin:

3 Likes

:joy::relaxed:

I agree, literally in its infancy, just look at the older build threads. So much has changed in like 2 years.

1 Like