I’m building my first e-longboard. I live in south of France and looking for parts outside US because of shipping cost.
It’s a budget project and I tried to spend no more than 300-350 EUR The goal is to reach at least 25 mph on flat road.
I’ve been reading lots of post about different builds on this forum, and I must said it’s not easy to chose the right product !! Last time I was interested in electric boards, there were no VESC, no Hub wheel motor, lots of new hardware appear these last years !!
Well, so can you please help / advise about my setup ?
I was thinking of building a 192kv - 10S - VESC - 83mm wheels.
Here is what I already have at home :
- 1 deck Osprey 104x24cm
- 2 Trucks 180 mm
- 70mm wheels ABEC 9 (I’ll change the wheels and keep bearings)
- 1 controller / receiver 2.4 ghz from my RC car (HPI Firestorm flux)
- 1 IMAX B6 ULTIMATE charger for lipo up to 200A
- few XT60 plug
And here is what I plan to buy :
- 2 x lipo 5S 20C Turnigy 5000mah to make a 10S pack in serial (Hobbyking : 84 EUR)
- 1 x motor Turnigy Aeordrive SK3 6374 192kv (Hobbyking : 68 EUR)
- 1 x maytech VESC (ebay : 88 EUR)
- 1 x set of 83mm Enertion Power Wheels (Enertion : 35 EUR)
- 1 x 36T 12mm Enertion Drive Hub 12mm wide (Enertion : 8 EUR)
- 1 x HTD5 12mm Timing Belt (Enertion : 12 EUR)
- 1 x motor mount plate for 6374 (Ebay : 14 EUR)
- 2 x Reflex Top Barrel-550 bushing longboard - Orange+ 89A (Amazon : 13 EUR)
- 1 x wooden enclosure (Ikea : 9 EUR)
TOTAL : 331 EUR
What do you think about this setup, does everything fits well together ?
Will I have enough torque and power to reach 25 mph or more ? (I’m 70kg)
Anything I missed / forget (cables, wire, plug) ?
Thank you for you help : )