Is my Unity dead?

Hi all, I’ve got any issue with my Enertion Unity. I went to use my skateboard yesterday but the Unity wouldn’t power on. I have been using it regularly for the past few months without issue. Power supply is good (10S), momentary switch is good (continuity on all cores and the switch makes/breaks when operated). I used it three days ago for about 15 minutes with no issue. Powered it down and put it away (at 37.5V) and didn’t put it on charge. Just gone to use it and it’s got no life whatsoever. Battery supply is still at 37.5V.

This was the reply from Enertion …

“Due to huge demand for our customer support resources, we currently cannot provide technical support for focbox unity configurations with 3rd party items.

Please check these forum posts about this subject: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/search?q=focbox%20unity

If you don’t find the answer you should post about it in the forum and see if someone else in the community can provide some assistance.

If you can take a quick picture of the circuit board and reply to this ticket, we might be able to give some advice to whether it has some blown components and what those components are etc.”

I’m reaching out to the community for assistance. Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

That email sounds familiar… What 3rd party items were you using, if any?

That might mean the unity being used in a diy build, not a raptor choo

Someone on FB has pointed out that I might have a BMS issue, which is a valid point. I’ve only measured voltage with no load. It could be that the BMS has bricked the current output due to a dodgy P group reading (i.e. a cable has dropped off or something). I’m also using a Bestech BMS with e-switch so there could be an issue with that, too. Going to tear my battery apart tonight.

good luck getting support with that!!!

I’ve checked the battery and all is good with that, the BMS and the switches.

I can’t see any issues with the components …

Which leds turn on?

None. I can’t even get it to power up.

maybe worth joining the 2 left switch momentary connections, i know you’ve checked the switch but wouldn’t take a minute to test if you have a couple of cables

1 Like

I haver just the same problem. How do you progress to fix this?

My focbox is in warranty, I wrote them and I think they would replace it