Is this a safe homemade motor mount?

it does not touch the ground but is really close to touching it, around a couple mm I would say.

yeah I feel that you may have something hit when you lean. it doesn’t look like there is much clearance. it looks like some really good work on the bracket, but perhaps needs a little more design work to be perfect.

I also gotta ask, how have you got enertion trucks, motors, belts and pulleys but no mounts?

I bought a enertion kit form someone who needed the trucks that came with it. I pulled out the ruler and the mount is 2.1-2.2 ish cm from the ground. I was worried that it might be to low.

its not the ground im worried about. its the board and the truck itself.

Here’s some more pictures:

Thanks for the help.

this here.

I would ductape the motor house for the first run. If the motor’s touch the ground only the ductape would have damage

Have you ever holded any type of a welder in your hands except a spot welder made from a car battery

Wait

9 pounds…the whole board or just the mount??? Lol

I put the scale under where the mount is attached to the board and the scale read 9 pounds. So take that with a grain of salt. Haha

Lol ok…I was gonna say dude…

9lb mount… Your gonna break a kingpin

1 Like

Your mount looks solid, like too solid. Props to thinking outside the box. But I think you may save yourself some headache later if you use a proven motor mount made for eskate.

1 Like

Sure, done a lot of stick and tig welding

Cut maybe

1 Like

Yea thats what I was thinking.