Is this BMS wiring correct?

I don’t think the switch is bad/faulty because once I connect the pack to the ESC’s. Not even the ESC’s will turn on.

did you connect the e switch

Nothing is connected to the e-switch on the BMS. should there be two switches?

These wires are loose 10%20PM

The bms e-switch is not optional

How or where do I connect these wires?

connect them to a 2 pole 12v automotive on/off switch use that switch to turn the bms on/off and to reset it from protection shut down.

So I will have two on/off switches one for the BMS, and one for the anti-spark switch? That doesnt seem right?

you can put a rocker type switch like @Namasaki uses, or bypass by wiring together because you have an external one. the bms has a reset function time-delayed if it is tripped so the options are to have the function on/ off with switch or always on wired together. if you just spent 60$ on a luna switch use it

1 Like

You don’t need an external anti-spark switch with this bms.

no one said you did, but he bought one for the pretty led light

Lol, well I already spent $60 bucks on it. So could I simply just solder the BMS on/off switch? and rely on the anti-spark for my on/off.

It’s is possible to have a lighted switch with the built in E-switch.

The problem with external E-switches is they are prone to failure from excessive heat cause by the high current passing through them.

if you use a pushbutton latching 5pin and supply power for led off esc

1 Like

If I was in your shoes, I would sell it and use the one in the bms.

true for the old style 2-4 mosfet anti spark switches. the biggest problem was finding fuses now they are coming along with improvements

I’ll probably sell it then.

But I’m still confused. Can I simply put a two pole, on/off switch to connect the BMS e-switch?

Yes, just a 12v 2 pole on/off switch. You can get them at the local auto parts store on online.

yes, that will do

Well sick. Thanks guys.

I also bought a battery capacity tester to measure voltage, Correct me if I’m wrong, but I could connect that anywhere in the hot wires leaving to the ESC? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQ7MT4K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yes anywhere past the e switch because that’s an a always-on led