Is this LED Safety Jacket (from Kickstarter) with turn indicators Super Dorky?

i actually like the idea of a water bottle pocket on my lower back. I end up holding it back there when i’m crouching for downhill anyway.

My kids and i were joking around about installing a cup holder on one of my boards, but if we have a cup holder, we’ll probably need a radio and an ashtray to put change in. The idea then rapidly regressed into power chair territory as we kept talking about it. Ideas like a small TV on a stick, a micro bar stocked with tiny bottles of liquor, and a leather seat.

I made sure to seem confident that we could actually do all of that.

2 Likes

and lastly, it will magically turn into a minivan. lel

2 Likes

first post…

I think it’s a GREAT start.

I’d also think board commuters will need an under-board projection lighting system that would display turn indicators and other symbols brightly on the payment creating a “virtual perimeter” around the boredCommuter that is highly visible to traffic. Initially, the control could be simple analog selection via the remote.

When it’s realistic to put radar on the commuter boards, I’d like to see the “alert perimeter” (red flashing box around BC) triggered automatically if a traffic object is on a projected collision path with us.

Parting - The sportbike geek crowd is knocking on the door this type of “advanced safety lighting” (i made that up) with their replacement headlights.

Thanks #nicejob guys with all you are doing! -Bret

1 Like