Is this motor ok?

I’m putting together a build finally, and i found this motor from eskate.de (http://www.hellray.de/shop/#!/eSk8-de-Motor-esk8-6374-200kV-3-3KW-mit-Sensoren/p/66640988/category=15255001) very interessino, seems really durable. Going for a single drive obviously and probably going to buy the vesc from them too. Anothet thing is that it has a 10mm axle. I know where ti find motore pulleys made out of steel but the diameter of the hole only is 8mm. Do you think buying that and drilling It with a 10mm point would bè a good idea? (I probably am gonna use One of those vertical drills for a perfectly aligned hole.)

You could mill it or I think Alien Power System do a pulley with a 10mm shaft.

1 Like

hay dude nice motor, some people avoid motors that have screw holes like that in the top because it can be a weakness, however that’s a good manufacturer and one I haven’t tried, so see what other say before you buy… KV? depends on your pack size TBH what S are you planning on using 8s or 10s ?? I’ve tried drilling 8mm to 10mm as you described for a pulley, nope didn’t work… if you can wait, find someone on ali who’ll do a couple, I waited only a week, GLHF

1 Like

Probably going for 10s with 2 lipo packs Just to start… Thanks both, i’m going to search for them then!

Edit. I found in their site, 15t pulleys for 10mm shafts. Now the only thing is that the motor shafts doesn’t look Like It already has a keyway…

Bag up the motor and poke the shaft through a hole in the plastic - then take a file and file down a flat spot. Loctite on the set screw and you are golden.

2 Likes

Look at this motor

The only thing is that it isn’t sensored… But sweet anyway. I’m putting this in the list, thanks

With a vesc the difference is less noticable Ive run a sensored motor without sensors plugged in and no problem.

1 Like

Ok good, shifting main motor choice to this One then… I might as well buy the entire drivetrain and Trucks from them while i’m at It.

Pulleys I get here btw Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262632206462

You could also just buy a 10mm pulley from esk8.de too :slight_smile:

They only have up to 9mm pulleys

They have 15mm aswell for Singledrive systems :wink:

And if you can´t find something on their website, just write a pm to @esk8. Attila will help you out for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bruh the problem is the shaft of the motor which is 10mm Wide, not the width of the pulley :joy:

I know and like i said they have 15mm pulley for 10mm shaft :wink: