Is turnigy wire always copper or also aluminium?

Turnigy-Wire: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-high-quality-10awg-silicone-wire-2m-black.html is much cheaper than any wire I can find so it would be really nice to know what they are actually offering. There is no information in the product description.

The link didn’t go direct to the wire but weight would give it away. I remember there’s being the cheapest. Not the softest and most supple but pretty good

I will fix it! Edit: No information about anything but the gauge and that it is silicone

Copper tin mix would be my guess. I use it because its available quickly and cheap. Never had an issue so haven’t given much thought to the composition.

Just wanted a confirmation because I found an outdated(out of stock) wire on their website with copper in the product information… Thank you @hummie and @dareno!

1 Like

Maybe it’s a copper alloy. Be cool to do a resistance test.

I found this: about 25% more resistance than pure copper if I am not mistaken and this should be due to the tin I guess…

1 Like

Awesome test good to know. So some alloy I guess. Sneaky. No wonder so cheap. I like wet noodle wire it’s copper colored which is nice too. The “tinned” aspect shows unnecessary and have no trouble soldering pure copper

2 Likes