ISO ESK8 Genius (Near Fort Collins, Colorado)

Alright, it’s been a while since I have been on the forum, and I just moved up to college, and I really don’t have the money to risk messing up again.

I’ve learned a lot, and moreover, spend a lot on this project. Therefore, I really would enjoy getting to ride it at least once…

The board is a 5x2s battery, 5.2 aH. With a Bestech LiPo BMS (might be broken), a FOCBOX, and a Turnigy 6374 motor. I would also need my power button and charger hooked up, and a hole cut for my Voltmeter. I am using a @psychotiller enclosure, and already have some holes to attach it to the board. I cut my motor wires to solder on some more 10awg wire, then realized my solder couldn’t get hot enough to solder onto the motor wire. Whoops, I really hope there is a way to fix this.

MY VESC IS NOT PROGRAMMED

So, I ask that if anyone knows an Esk8 Genius, who I could pay to get my electronics right PLEASE let them know about this post. I would obviously like it to be someone reputable, but I know some of you are very well known in the community.

Feel free to PM me about questions or potential prices. Please keep in mind, I’m a full time college student so I may need a few weeks to make up the money.

Where is this work supposed to be taking place? Probs a good place to start is your location. :upside_down_face:

Sorry, I am in Fort Collins, Colorado. Are you able to do ground shipping with the Lipos? :open_mouth: @Lionpuncher

I believe so. I’m in Canada myself, so maybe a US brother can weigh in on that more accurately. If I recall correctly, there’s a few builders in your state. Might be able to find one of them to help ya. I think all here understand your frustration. Another idea is find RC groups in your area. Lots of electronic Wizards come from that hobby.

Ill definitely check that out of this doesn’t work out. Thanks for your understanding XD… This project has been extended about 6 months.

1 Like

I’m about to be moving so I’m going to be tied up with that mostly. However, I’m in Aurora and only moving a mile away. I would assume asap but if you can wait I can help you out.

1 Like

Hell yeah bro! Pm me about your availability whenever you know and I can give you some more details.

Sometimes it’s not so much the temp of your iron, but a lack of flux that is keeping your weld from happening.

Hope you get it it sorted!!

2 Likes

get a good cheap (for sure expensive is better) 60-100W solder iron. with it your solder should easily flow on the wires.

https://www.amazon.com/Choice-CH-IRON-100W-soldering/dp/B00XK5RXKC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1536659101&sr=8-2&keywords=100+watt+solder+iron

1 Like

But it doesn’t matter what kind of solder?

60/40 or 63/37 should be fine

It does matter – don’t get lead-free solder

1 Like