About the batteries I don’t know. Last ride I reached 12,3 km and filled in 4300mAh. Could be a greater distance but still fine for me.
About Jacob’s hubs I’m really satiesfied. They run quiet and smooth and have a lot of torque. I would like to try them in FOC mode, but I’m afraid to blow the VESCs.
Because of known problems I did some modifications:
These are 3mm metal pins from Bearings instead of worm screws.
It’s not ready yet. Just took the second wheel/rotor out of the oven. I glued the urethane on the rotor with epoxy with 70°C about 45min. Btw. I didn’t use trampa stickies, cause they were not available for a long time, so I ordered flywheel clones from the EU GB, but this is another long story. I liked to have the wheels 56mm wide (front and motor), so I had to use 6 wheels to get 4 out of them. The diameter of the urethane on the motor is 91mm. It was pretty difficult to work on the wheels, because the urethane is so soft. Soon I will post some more informations and pictures.
Great timing on that development , let us know for how long it stays stuck to the metal. Feel free to checkout the thread I started on this and the potential buyers they might prefer your option better.