Jet spud 12s3p MAD HUBS

A while back I got in on a group buy held by @rey8801. I finally had time to throw together a board.

Jet spud, 12s3p 30Q pack, MAD hubs 75kv, dual focbox,
90mm Popoca wheels, Eboosted single stack enclosure, Surfrodz 200mm rkp front truck, Push start switch, Vicious griptape,

20 Likes

Have you the hubs link?

1 Like

Yep

2 Likes

Where the hubs tho (great build btw)

1 Like

That’s a lot of cells in that tiny space :hushed: Noice

1 Like

Which bms you use? Looks super small for a 12s charge only bms.

1 Like

Pocket rocket = FUN

1 Like

I have the exact same setup! Except that I have a DIY fiberglass enclosure that is not comparable with yours :sweat_smile: 12s3p battery works great on this tiny board, plenty of power. I hope you will have fun!

Edit: I am also interested in knowing where did you find a 12s mini BMS :grin:

2 Likes

For everyone wanting to know about the bms

It’s a bestech

I guess you used the 503V1 according to the picture. I hope you know that this bms will not balance your cells. image

3 Likes

Damn I didn’t catch that. Wtf. Wish I caught that sooner. There’s ways to balance externally right?

Somebody mentioned that you can add a balance board to it, but in my humble opinion that will be also not smaller than a d140. But what you can make, you bought the d606 which can balance. In case the balance plug is the same you could use this bms from time to time to balance out your pack externally. The d503 will take care that you don’t over charge your cells. So you could use that one for overcharge safety and every 10-20th charge cycles you will change the balance plug to the d606.

Hmmm @Hummie mentioned using two of these a while back. Maybe I could make some enclosure ports for the connectors and use these when I charge. Any thoughts?

https://www.ebay.com/p/HobbyKing-Turnigy-DLUX-Lipo-Battery-Cell-Display-and-Balancer-2s-6s/1180189308?iid=261667879653&chn=ps

Can’t you just move the battery a bit in direction of your focbox? Than there should be enough space for a d140 bms, hopefully.

I like that little one. I have one. If u order them get me two more and I’ll come give u cash! N a cookie. It’s very slow to balance but works. Best if you wire up all your pack into two 6s plugs for them. I mostly just use one though

http://bestechpower.com/balanceboard/HCX-D103C.html

two of those and a 503 will be much smaller than a d140

1 Like

How to wire them up? Those are for 6s, so two in series? And how those than connected with the bms?

I’ve seen 13s versions. Easier maybe. Rare but out there and I’ve got a couple somewhere. But not so reliable n feel safer seeing a screen

Yup, two in series. Wire up the balance wires B0 to B6 to the first one, then B6 to B12 to the next one

I have the 130kv on a 10s5p and torque is quite nice, I can only imagine 75kv on 12s, must be super good!