Journey one - diy trampa hs11 esk8

First of all I would have never been able to make this happen without the help of a handful of very generous users:

@Eboosted @dg798
@Idea @stewii @mmaner @Namasaki @JLabs @Andy87

The board was heavily inspired by eboosted’s Phoenix. Very similar setup. It took me exactly 5 months to build from start to finish.

This ended up being a serious beast to figure out how to build and heavily exceeded my expectations on the skill level needed to make it happen. I have a small background in electronics and I learned A LOT from this project. I chose Journey One as the name represents the journey of the knowledge and frustrations I went through to complete the build.

Trampa HS11 deck 16 ply (I’m 205lbs and the flex is perfect)

Dual BKB 6374 3200W motors with sensor wires

12s4p 18650 Samsung 30Q built by @Eboosted

Dual ESCapes

D596 Bestech BMS

Torqueboards Nano remote (love it)

Board with only @Idea ‘s motor mounts and @JLabs ‘ motors

Some battery shots, built by @Eboosted

Made my own hall sensor extension wires, used these on my first test run and they were fine but ended up making some other/longer ones when I changed the location of my ESCapes from bottomside to topside

Soldering together some XT-90s; connecting the ESCapes to the battery. @dg798 made me an extension but I ended up needing another cable length so I figured out how to do it.

imageimageimage

Ppm splitter from remote receiver to each ESCape

imageimage

Opened up the ESCape housing to wire in the battery meter

First time I got power (after burning through a BMS, literally, it caught on fire after wiring incorrectly)

Carved out a slot for the battery meter

Originally had the ESCapes underside, this was a bad idea, I went off a curb and the box was smashed, no damage to ESCapes though. I ended up switching to the seahorse SE56 housing topside which you will see later

imageimage

My charger; a customizable voltage limit protector that I set to 49.9 volts. I soldered the whole thing together after checking eboosteds YouTube channel

imageimage

SE56 seahorse housing. Love this thing.

Bottom side

And some pretty shots. Wow what a difference hall sensors make. I didn’t have them on my first test run and then got them going afterwards and the throttle AND release are sooooo much smoother.

I don’t have top speed or distance but I took it 1 mike up a 9% grade and it was going so fast I wasn’t even half way on the throttle. When I came back down the battery regenerated 15% ish.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

https://youtu.be/t4JAbKsdaC0

Short cell phone vid

12 Likes

Looks pretty good! Now it’s time for riding :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Very nice build

1 Like

Wow, looks beautiful. Great job :smile:

1 Like

Amazing man! Always press the button to start the charge :smile:

1 Like

Great job!!