Just asking for someone to give his blessing

Sure why not

From my very little understanding I am with michaelcpg on this oneā€¦ the way I understand it, the antispark plug is used if the circuit holds a lot of voltage when closed. The way it works is there is a resistor inside for the first part of the connection, so not all of the current flows at once, if i break the circuit and the antispark is the first to deconnect and the last one i connect it should work as intended.

Iā€™m happy to be wrong, means I learned something new, I just canā€™t give my blessing as-is

1 Like

Speaking from experience - do not print your motor mount or little motor gear - unless you are printing in some sort of metal composite.

I printed my first mount and it gave out while I was going down a hill - turns out I can run really fast.

There are lots of metal motor mounts from sellers on this forum.

1 Like

I thought Iā€™d give it a hot :stuck_out_tongue: the design looks promising it has metal inlays:

Oh yea i plan on only printing the big gear.

Try it if you like I guess. If youā€™re planning on riding at high speed, be prepared to bail at any moment if it suddenly decides to fail though, which wonā€™t be funā€¦

1 Like

The antispark is fine where it is but only for antisparking and as always only if it is the last thing pluged in because it is effectively breaking the cycle of power bat- vesc- battery. You Will not be able to add a bms however. And for charging you will have to input power in parallel to the vmeter and the antispark HAS to be on to charge. Wich is not good because the vesc will be on. Unless you turn it of some other way in which case if you then turn it on back again without pulling the antispark first BOOM sparks

1 Like

ah okay, that makes sense, yes the antispark should always be the first one to break the circuit and the last one to complete it. I didnā€™t know that the vesc shouldnā€™t be connected while charging, thanks for that, now the position of the antispark between battery and vesc would make sense, althoug i could use the xt60 connector at the top to charge. Unplug vesc, plug into charger, then reconnect antispark ā€¦ might be too much of a hassle :stuck_out_tongue: I will think about it some more.

any thoughts on why nearly everyone arranges their batteries crosswise and not lengthwise?

people arrange their batteries for no good reason other than to fit.

and you cant charge through the esc I believe so your antispark, if thats what you also plan to charge through, would need to be at the end of the battery right people?

1 Like

No i said unplug the vesc and plug the charger into that xt60 switch, then the vesc would be disconnected. Then plug in antispark to close the circuit.Theoretically this should work ā€¦ its just a question on wheather I want to do that much plugging everytime i chargeā€¦