Just Wanted To Say Thanks

As humans, we have a nasty habit of taking things for granted. So, I just wanted to stop and say Thanks to @onloop for hosting this awesome forum And Thanks to all who contribute their time to help make it great!

46 Likes

I’ve been meaning to mention how much I like the forum’s mobile interface. Whatever software engine they used for the forum it works better than all of the others I’ve seen.

7 Likes

The esk8 community wouldn’t be nearly as big without @onloop

10 Likes

This. Out of other platforms I’ve seen this one is easily the least buggy

1 Like

Ya, He has probably done more than anyone to promote this amazing hobby

3 Likes

Yup! Thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge and experience, I’ve learned so much from all of you. And big thanks to @onloop for keeping the forum going!

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, thanks @onloop it’s about time you get some recognition :wink:

6 Likes

and crushing Endless Sphere

I find myself going there less and less

2 Likes

Without the forum as well as community contribution, it’s near impossible to build my board!

1 Like

No advertising on this forum as well, added bonus. Good info here, looking forward to my first esk8.

6 Likes

yea, thats what I find really sad as well - there is no reason for me to go anymore, noone is inspiring me, hardly any comments on anything. problem is that the ES structure is also so bad in comparison, cant find anything there. this here is really well structured, tracking is so much easier, I like “liking” and bookmarking things and the @-functionality is great when you want to get someones attention. also posting pictures is really convenient here.

I must say, this forum has to generate incredible traffic. I used to upload pictures all on my private webspace and when I started to give more detailed build threads on endless sphere, those few Pictures generated more than 30GB traffic every month! :astonished:

6 Likes

Feel good thread of the year :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gotta give respect and gratitude to @onloop. It’s a serious thing that this forum has become. It’s a beautiful thing. We share and experience each other’s joy and passion. We witness each other’s creativity and ingenuity and it makes not just better hobbyists, but more well rounded people. I feel a deep debt of gratitude to all of the people that have made me feel welcome. It can be a little intimidating stepping into a forum filled with such amazing minds and talent, but it feels like everyone just wants you to succeed. I love that mentality! We can all agree, disagree, or otherwise, but we can keep in focus the reality that we are all on the same team. It’s a pretty cool team. I’m a nobody here, but I’m trying my best to learn, share, and create. I will pay it forward to the utmost of my ability. :grinning::v:

3 Likes

Yeah, I was really surprised when I first used this forum on mobile, how easy it was to use, and how smooth it was. I do wish there was an app though purely for notifications on my phone.

1 Like

the only thing I miss is a view in which every new post is listed at once. At the current rate it su**s to have to click on a gazillion of topics just to read the few new posts. (I know I could just wait until there are a reasonable numbers of new posts in a topic - but who wants that really ;))

You mean like this?

1 Like

not the topic overview - all the actual posts so that i don’t have to go and click on every topic in that list you showed. because right now I have to click and wait for the topic to load, then go back and wait for the overview to load, then click on next topic and wait for it to load, and so on and on

How funny,the thank you thread, just became the I wish thread. Smh!

1 Like

Thank you everyone for sharing and helping eachother, this is truly awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Props to everyone. And indeed this is a really nice working forum!

1 Like