Just Wanted To Say Thanks

Thanks to @onloop and everyone else who shares and helps on this forum Couldn’t have built my board without you :beers:

1 Like

thank you @onloop for building this community, using this awesome forum format, and allowing everyone to share their knowledge. Thank you for keeping even your competitors on this forum, and having open discussions with them.

And to all else who help others, thanks for your knowledge and time. I’ve learned so much from the members of this forum.

1 Like

I want to thank you all as well, I didn’t think you all were that great until I actually got into reading most of the forum! I owe a sincere apology to @lowGuido and I promise no more sarcasm, maybe less sarcasm. I really appreciate all you respected buttholes here on this forum… @onloop @lox897 @cmatson @link5505 @Photorph @sl33py @anorak234 @torqueboards … all you are appreciated and I apologize to you all. Assholes :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Jinra @shred @jakobnator @Eboostin @Arzamenable @maxchilton @JLabs @Michaelinvegas @longhairedboy and these arses too

3 Likes

Good topic! Indeed, thank you @onloop :heart: for hosting this forum and for all of the time and effort you are putting into this community!

Also a thank you for (and I am forgetting many others ) @longhairedboy, @RunPlayBack, @chaka , @Hummie, @barajabali, @link5505 and @Jinra for the inspirational builds, in depth advices, and general helpfulness and involvement!

4 Likes

oh! I see I forgot some important mentions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m relatively new on here but I want to thank you all as well. Before I found this place I was just a dude in a group a friends that had this crazy idea about how to blow through a whole pile of money I should be using for other things in life, you know like school or rent, but here I’m not alone in my crazy passion. That and before I started looking at the vast amount of knowledge on here I had no idea whatsoever about what I was doing. It was both intimidating and scary to start this investment but once you talk with a few guys and get your bearings(not a pun) and discover how to properly use the search function your worries are put at ease knowing that theres so many of us here and you guys are all so willing to help. It’s an amazing place.

1 Like

Hey!..

wowsa… getting very lovey in here! i like it! :heart_eyes:

Thanks for the appreciation it means a lot… YES, I have put in lots of work for the benefit of the communtiy, but for me it doesn’t seem like work! I am very passionate (as some of you may have noticed) about the accuracy & quality of the content we create & about the advancement & progression of this new industry!

I am here because I truly believe the self-built-esk8-movement will eventually take over! who doesn’t want to have a sweet custom ride under their feet?!! The mainstream brands will never build anything powerful enough and I predict by as soon as late 2016 they will be playing catch up to our technologies.

As long as we are all open & honest & diligent and strive for constant betterment we, the community of esk8 builders, will be unstoppable.

I’d like to thank my competitors specifically @chaka @torqueboards @elkick for constantly giving me motivation to improve & simultaneously annoying the fuck out of me, without firece competition i might grow complacent!

I’d also like to thank the community for making amazing esk8s, always great inspiration.

YES, I agree this platform is fucking awesome! sorry ES you just didnt cut it

23 Likes

The one thing I do like about this community is it been pretty open. Discussions get heated, but it’s becuase we are so passionate that we sometimes get blinded and lose grasp of the bigger picture.

Thank you @onloop for your work. I would likely not have gotten into this if it was not for your videos and help.

Thank you the entire community for your insights, inspiration, and great innovation. You guys push my creativity, and remind me that your imagination is your limit.

2 Likes

13 Likes

I’d like to thank ALL OF YOU Readers and Posters!

Without you guys… none of this would be possible or even worthwhile!

I’m excited to see what’s in store for the “hobby” in itself!

7 Likes

I gotta say thank you to @onloop as well for your passion, dedication, and this killer forum. Definitely the best format I’ve experienced in an online forum, and it’s a pleasure visiting, participating and learning EVERY SINGLE DAY. One thing nobody talks about is the TIME budget involved in this hobby, which I think I’ve blown by about 10,000%. I had a feeling that this hobby might get expensive, but I never thought that i would be spending 100’s of hours on this forum absorbing everything I possibly can. This has become one of, if not the most enjoyable and addictive hobbies ever, and a huge part of that is the direct effect of this forum.

I also want to thank all the other vendors and members for being so helpful, and creative. I am constantly inspired to try new things from watching what everyone is doing. I just wish I had time to actually get out and ride more. The struggle is real.

1 Like

i wasn’t sure what to expect when @onloop invited me to be a poster/moderator on this new forum he was creating. I was honored, but skeptical. Then i got to watch it grow from just a few people to the esk8 horde it is now. IT has been very entertaining and educational, but more importantly it feels like home.

So thank you all for this wonderful community, and thanks a lot for the mountain of debt i’ve incurred due to my addiction. lol

in late 2014 i had a choice between a theatrical storm trooper costume with all the movie quality trimmings or some silly esk8 kit from some bloke in australia. Now I have one officially licensed blaster and a garage full of decks and bins and gear and materials to build sick steezies for my peeps.

I’m still going to get that costume one day though.

13 Likes

Make a storm trooper costume with scrap esk8 parts…

I almost have enough fried components to do it. lol

1 Like

I’ve been online since the late 90’s and have watched the Internet become what it is today. In that time I’ve done and participated in pretty much every new tech / thing / meme apart from the new stuff since my kid was born (tip for new parents: try Lifecake for family photos), and I’ve gotta say this is one of the best forums / communities I’ve seen. And I wouldn’t say that lightly. The software (Discourse) helps loads (this is where ES fails), but the personalities give it life.

So think first congrats are to everyone here: keep it real folks :wink: and to @onloop, thanks to you too dude :wink:

3 Likes

We’ve come a long way since dial up modems and bulletin boards.

2 Likes

in some ways yes. in others no.

people are still dicks, even though we have unlimited knowledge at the touch of a phone… think that’s really, really important - the moment forums become hate places, is when they die. luckily, as some folks have pointed out, people here seem to be able to argue in public without getting personal, which is a great sign :wink:

I think we can sort out the dicks form the contributors

And all the others (great knowledge nomnomnom) on this forum ! I was a noob, now I’m not perfect, bu far from a newb. Thanks everyone !!!