Kaly 2.0 and Lacroix

Yes. I can agree with the fact that 38mph on those trucks can be achievable. BUT they would have to be either super tight or be running some dampas on them. With that being said that will take a toll on turning and carving abilities at low speed witch of course is ok as long as you’re into high speeds rather than carving and making sharp turns Hey. That’s just my opinion. That’s all :man_shrugging:t2:

Cool.

1 Like

whoa hooold it!!! i need beer too now

2 Likes

That’s what you call sarcasm in case you didn’t know. Yes. I’m fairly new at this hobby but I also have enough experience riding different boards from a damn halo board all the way to top of the line kaly, Lacroix and diy shit. whether you like my opinion or not I don’t care. One thing I can tell you And again this is just my opinion. THOSE TRUCKS ARE UNSTABLE

Now take it or leave it. I don’t care. Peace :v:t3:

1 Like

Some people don’t know how to take criticism :rofl:

BTW I actually don’t agree those trucks are unstable :stuck_out_tongue: BUT I do find this discussion very amusing.

I ride with very loose springs and dampa in the back. Got around the hard to turn issue by using bindings. They are mountainboard trucks. If you ride them like skate trucks you are going to have issues :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha. Maybe I need to learn some riding skills from you brother. I don’t mean trucks are overall unstable. More like for high speeds and stuff 35+. But I guess they weren’t meant for everyone. Idk :man_shrugging:t2: Back to the topic New kaly looks great maybe some day I’ll be lucky enough to test ride one :+1:t3:

3 Likes

its a funnnnn board :slight_smile:

dumb question. are the terms channel trucks and spring trucks used interchangeably?

Yea, but spring trucks are more of a common term

1 Like

just so you guys know @Kaly got into an accident :frowning: apparently its a dislocated shoulder

get well soon brother.

3 Likes

He’s doing fine, and is in good spirits!

5 Likes

How are you feeling, Lacroix jaws vs Kaly 2.0, Belt driven vs direct drive.?

1 Like

I don’t have a Jaws.

I have a custom LaCroix build using the prototipo deck + a straight cut Kaly gear drive. I don’t really do belts on Carvers.

1 Like

Forgot which thread this was.

I can say that I’m about 5k miles into my Kaly build and I absolutely love the XL deck. It’s likely my favorite MTB style deck so far. The wings give you the ability to lock in quite well, I went firm stiffness and prefer the stability in riding higher speeds over my OG LaCroix deck build.

1 Like

I have gt carbon evolve but the Lacroix is heaven on wheels compared to this. But what do you do if you live in the city and have to face tight corners ,uber ,and a piece of mind?