KALY NYC Board BLOWN VESC - Ernesto has dropped all contact, HELP

Couple of notes here… How did you know the vesc was blown? Was it throwing DRV? Do you have pictures of original setup? NO Vescs are plug and play… its probably best to slow down and read through the docs before moving forward, bad setup can blow the VESC.

As for Ernesto’s setup. its like what blasto said. PPM splitter to control, canbus to program.

its been ages, Ive called, texted, instagram nothing…

thanks for getting back to me here on the forums.

The new vesc you sent me has no split PPM only a can bus setup

the current PPM is going into the reciever on the VESC X

the New Focbox ppm is just dangeling and doing nothing…

I can get one motor to spin up on vesc tool and the other can spin up via the remote control.

did you set up your controllers to communication via can bus? you need first to enable that. open your vesc tool or bldc tool and config. one as master and one as slave (ID 0 and 1) and enable sent status via can. you can also enable traction control in case you want.

If this not functioning just make a Y-Split cable out of your two cables going to the focboxes. I think it was already written here how to make it. It shouldn’t be a big problem.

Try this and let us know if you got a result from it. We will get you back to dual, don´t worry :wink:

2 Likes

So I gotta get a solder kit together if this can bus system wont work?

You can buy just one of this

Guess on amazon you can get them too But you need to cut the middle wire on one site

Split ppm is a set up escs don’t come set up you have to do it your self.

It’s very simple the esc communicate via Can bus or split ppm for remote signal. If you are running split ppm and only conect it to one esc it’s impossible that the other will spin too unless you are a wizard. The VescX has pins to plug in the receiver and the Focbox has a wire harness with a plug at the.end they look different but they work exactly the same. Plug them in and it will work.

Not trying to sound like a dick but if you read a bit, you would easily figure this out. Al the info needed is on this website and videos most likely on you tube. Search the forum, its a goldmine of knowledge

1 Like

is this kit plug and play I dont have to do any soldering?

Well I kind of just wanted to buy a esk8 that doesnt constantly break down on me and me as a consumer has to open this up get on the forums and mess with this thing…

Defiantly one of the benefits of purchasing an evolve…

To be fair you do have the option to send the board back for repairs. You’d have to do the same with an evolve board when that fails. Note I typed when.

5 Likes

Well I cant send it back when ernesto drops off the face of the earth, has no contact

Ive already sent this board back now twice its been nothing but issues.

Yes that is not pleasent and I agree you deserve more and direct support from what I have read but the truth there is I only know of one side of the story here. If I were the noob here I’d want to have kaly give me step by steps to fix it.

Never mind that now though. Do you know what to do now and get it to work?

If it were me I’d simply forget the split ppm and run the receiver to the master only and use the canbus for the communication between the two focboxes. Otherwise simply split the ppm and follow what was told. Both will work.

2 Likes

Im currently stuck with the Can bus system

only able to get one motor to spin when using vesc tool

messed around with it a but setting up master and slave and now its saying firmware issues (which I already updated)

if your able to skype or facetime id love to I PM’d you

Depends If on one of the focboxes the cables already soldered than you need to get rid of them. If the wires just plugged than you just need to unplug the old wires, cut one side of the new cable the 5V wire and you good to go

So both now have the same firmware, right?

I believe so, I am able to get both motors to detect atm and going through this video here

by far the best video ive seen yet

Are you able to skype?

westonevans1 is my skype id

1 Like

having some issues getting both motors on firmware with canbus, im unsure which motor is the master and which is the slave, Ive been playing around with them setting them at 0 and 1 and using the can in vesc tool,

can get one motor to spin normally and the other one will not register… kinda hard to type about much easier to video chat about

Sorry no Skype. Only phone and it’s 3 in the night in Germany :sweat_smile: Look here image Set multiple vesc over can to true in both controllers Plus one need to have the id 0 and one the id 1 Try this, should work after

3 Likes

thats what ive been using, I will upload a video of my issues in about 30 minutes

Forgot, there is a ppm wizard in the new vesc tool. Did you try to set up with it? There you guided through the process.