KEDA 6364 190kV Teardown (from Hobbyking)

Yes, removed the grub screws and pressed it out.

Thanks for the response. But I’m not sure if we’re talking about the same thing. I was able to remove two grub screws and remove the can with the magnets in it (part C), but I can’t figure out how to separate the stator (part A) from the front of the case (part B). It looks like the stator is pressed onto a center hub/cylinder that’s part of the case-front, and probably bonded. But I don’t see any grub screws that would be holding it in place. Can you confirm that you were able to separate A and B?

Thanks.

IMG_20190529_235434088

I tried to tear down some other motor and those parts A and B were epoxied together. I think might be the case here too. Maybe try to a heat gun?

Fitted some hall sensors and temp sensors to mine last night. Just need to finish the wiring and give them a go. image image image

1 Like

Looks much cleaner then mine! :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

Let us know if they work!

Yeah, will do. It was quite hard to get them in there neatly. Some of the windings on mine are pretty shabby to be honest. Did you put yours 120 degrees out from each other? I also dropped one of mine and damaged one of the windings. Going to give it a zap with the insulation tester later.

Ignore last comment. I forgot you mentioned it above :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

Haha no problem! Yeah I installed them on the beginning of this hole between poles. I didn’t go so deep, I thought there is not enough space

Probably press fitted on as well as expoxied, dunno never separated those two bits @Riako @Andy87 you guys tried? Curious

2 Likes

Yes press fit on the APS I have open once… it was not easy ^^

2 Likes

Maybe putting it in a freezer bag and in the freezer followed by the heat gun/hot air on the outer part would help

Finished the wiring tonight.image image

2 Likes

First test was a success. Hall and temp sensors working well. Now to sort an enclosure!image