Keda 6364 190KV

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kd-53-30-high-voltage-brushless-outrunner-190kv.html

10s with 14:27 gearing.

Any reason why this is not going to be a beast?

Thoughts?

1 Like

Iv never seen a 27t wheel pully.

Chain driven

1 Like
  1. make sure you have the batteries and ESC to provide enough current
  2. there is no good reason to use a 14T motor sprocket and stretch out the gearing so dang tall
1 Like

Are you planning on using one or two of those motors? Battery specs?

1 Like

I have a board exactly like this. Same motor and gearing on 83mm wheels. It uses an eBay esc. The acceleration and brakes suck.

It’s being upgraded to a 10t sprocket for more torque and probably a vesc soon too

1 Like

After much deliberation I am going to see how it goes single motor

@SJG717 These batteries x5

I am open to using an sk3 or sk8 if that may be better

@Jmding the gearing is a bit weird it just what comes with the pack i could always change the ratio later

Make sure to use a vesc. It is not much more cost wise and opens up so many more options

Yeah still deciding between Flipsky or HK vesc but I’m definitely going to use one.

Hobbyking is probs the better choice because of the 1 yr warranty but it is a little more

2 Likes

true 1 year is decent to be honest worth the little bit extra

Try a calculator that includes torque

1 Like

Edit: Not sure of these figures

This is on a 17.5 inch wheelbase board.

I think that should be reasonable. The main influence on torque output is motor amps. That why my board with this is so low on acceleration because the eBay esc is only rated for about 20a

1 Like

Hk vesc s are a nice strong unit and both sk3 and sk8 are great motors. Depends whether you want sensors is all. The warranty though well that is in another league to any other vendor. They are so big they can afford to be pretty flexible with returns. Half the time they don’t even want the defective shit back. They’ll give you the opportunity to open it up and look in the case of motors and take pics etc.

2 Likes

It’ll probably have enough torque to go up a 2.5% grade hill

1 Like

Erm, if you are gonna use the 100mm wheels you will need to change the gear ratio. It will be stressing the motor at that gearing. I’d search eBay for 6.35mm roller chain and find a 11 or 12t sprocket to swap it with. I swapped to a 10t on my 12s board and still hit 60km/h

1 Like

Yes, with current gearing and 100mm wheels. With a 10t it will be very powerful

1 Like

found a 9t not a 10t yet