Key ignition switch for added security

Why on earth are you not on top of the board when you go to lunch? Serious question…

Depends on the day, if I have lunch meetings that involve more then myself… Don’t wanna look like a circus boy with the burmuda triangle with people in my shoulders…Happens when you drive people around - or ride with others.

Most of the time I use the board around campus for meetings in different buildings and the in-house Starbucks across the street…which is why I’m building the potato because the Vanguard and Evo were to heavy to lug around work for coffee/meeting purposes. And esk8 to work 40~ miles away is a no go lol.

Wouldn’t it be safer if you had a female port instead of a male port? The male port pins have a lot more exposure making it prone to receiving accidental connections.

How about this…?? @ZackoryCramer 9add6ca1f1edc9172c4ca74c6131615c53d22451_1_666x500

It’s isolated I wouldn’t worry. If the xt90 failed you likely have Bigger issues…

1 Like

Seems legit. :rofl:

For loop keys, it’s better to put the male on the board and make the key from the female. It makes the key more robust and the resistor is in the key so if you accidentally burn it up you don’t have to take the board apart.

But normally, you are correct. The hot connector should usually be female.

2 Likes

Tile’s already been keeping track of our stuff for a couple years, but only now is it creating a version thin enough that it’ll fit in a wallet comfortably. Tile says its new Slim device is as thin as two credit cards stacked on top of each other. Its actual dimensions are 54 x 54 x 2.4mm. An average credit card is nearly exactly 54mm wide and 0.76mm thick. So while Tile claims the Slim is as thin as two stacked credit cards, it’s probably closer to three.

Along with the introduction of the Slim, Tile is launching its Tile Smart Location Platform, which will let developers and manufacturers build Tile into their own Bluetooth products

https://www.thetileapp.com/en-us/

Drill a hole thru the deck, use a bikelock turn your electronics to the wall so they arent visible

1 Like

Sorry for replying to such an old topic, but what were the symptoms of your failure? I have had a failure too where 2 parallel groups of cells were being discharged by the D140 bms to really low voltages. I’m sure that is what used to cause the failures of my zippy Li-pos before I upgraded to li-ion packs.

Now I am having an issue where my new discharge only BMS from BKB doesn’t appear to be balancing at all. All the cells are within .5v, but when I leave it charge for 24 hours and check the voltages, I notice no difference in the voltage of the cells. The high cells are still around 4.21-4.22 and the lowest cells are still around 4.17v I just wish I knew how to test the BMS using a multimeter to figure out exactly what is going on.

A long while ago I used a remote with an spdt relay to sorta do the same thing! It never broke while I had it in but I had to take it out because the combination of buck converter + relay took up too much space and made me always worry about draining my battery if I left it off for too long…

(Pls ignore the mess it is super clean now) https://youtu.be/y9K4LMhfj8Y

1 Like

My failures were all switch related, I’ve had 2 10s and a 12s BMS switch die I the last year.

1 Like