Keyway (johnny Kit)

You dont need a keyway, loctite and grub screws is all you need.

I never used a keyway.

Only green loctite ? Or blue is enough in your opinion ?

I would use red, but i use none to be honest.

The screws are enough on mine, held fine for 6 months.

I absolutely hate People like you that just come on a help topic to just waste time.

I hate people that don’t read and waste time

6 Likes

He helped you man and gave you all the answer you needed.

1 Like

Then get off my topic

He did not, @SilentException did

My point is : i have some motors with a keyway but some motor pulley with 1 grub screw and no keyway. Should i use the combo red loctite + grub screw locked into the shaft ?

There are holes/treads in the pulley you put the grub screw in and fix it to a shaft on the flat spot you filed.

1 Like

Yes.

10char

loctite 648 is all you need to fix a pulley on a shaft

1 Like

The grub screw should be on the shaft where you’ve filled the flat. I put the pulley in this orientation because of the short shaft on your motor.

3 Likes

jesus chrust dude. there aren’t tutorials on where to put a grub screw cause it’s supposed to be common knowledge…

you really need to learn to use logic to figure these things out. “hmmm, this has a thread, so does this hole, maybe i’ll try to screw it in there.” instead of making a brand new topic…

5 Likes

I couldn’t find topic keywords,

And you know whats more annoying that Beginner questions,… People like you who say stuff like that to make themselves look smart,

You could of linked the “conman knowledge” your just wasting my time and your own.

Jesus Chrust, our Bread and Savior.

6 Likes

you really piss me off dude. if you can’t figure where to thread a screw into you should stop building your board. when you enter this hobby, most people assume you have some basic knowledge of how things work. we’re not here to replace your school.

next time you have a question, don’t make a new topic, FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF

point me to where I said “conman knowledge please”

also, there’s nothing to link, because like I said, your supposed to know how to thread a screw before you start building your board. seriously dude…

3 Likes

You literally are asking for his help…

You know what @GrecoMan , it really hurts my feelings you didn’t like my Jesus comment, that shits funny. I wish I could like my own comment…

9 Likes