I’m planning my first build. I already have a diyeboard.com longboard, with 6S4P battery, 5055 270KV motor and AT wheels, but is not enough for me. I weight about 85 kg and in my town there are a lot of slopes, for that, I wanna build an esk8 with torque instead of high speed.
I would like to use the esk8 as vehicle to use daily. To go to work, visit a friend, and with care, drink some beers
I wanna do my first build with the next set up. I already bought some items, I’m waiting the delivery of others, and I want to resolve some doubts I have before buy other ones. For example, the KV of motors.
I hope you can help me!
Main component list
- ESC - Foxboc Unity - [STATUS: in delivery]
- Battery 10S5P 30Q - [STATUS: building… ]
- BMS Bestech 140 - Only for charge - STATUS: not ordered
- DECK Landyachtz 40 EVO - [STATUS: not ordered] -
- TRUCKS Calibre II trucks - [STATUS: not ordered]
- MOTOR MOUNTS 2x TorqueBoards Motor mounts -
- AT WHEELS recicled for the moment, but I would like to see new ones. If anyone have a AT wheel sugestion, it will be welcomed I would like to buy a Trampa wheels.
- MOTORS in doubt
- REMOTE Modifying Firefly remote. Electronic working, but remodeling in SolidWorks to add more buttons and change position of trigger and oled.
- CHARGER [STATUS: Pending… ]
Secundary component list
- NICKEL STRIPS - 10mm x 0.15mm - From Aliexpress - [STATUS: in delivery]
- KAPTON - From Aliexpress - [STATUS: in delivery]
- PAPER INSULATORS - From Aliexpress - [STATUS: in delivery]
- WIRES - 10AWG, red & black - From Hobbyking
- TX60 - Battery to Focbox Unity - From Hobbyking
- TX90 - For Keyloop - From Hobbyking
- DownStep - 12V-48V to 5V 2A - For LED lights and turnligths. - From Aliexpress - [STATUS: In delivery]
- LED Strip Addresable for turnlights animations - From Amazon
As I said before my weigh is 85Kg and I want to priorize torque instead of speed. I bought cells to build an 10S5P 30Q battery. I already have the spot welder but I’m waiting for the nickel strips.
The next step is the motors! I’m in doubt in the KV: 130, 149, 170KV I’m afraid of taking a KV too low…
At the beginning, it would have a ratio of 13T in motor, 60T in 150mm wheel.
- APS 6374S Sensored 130KV 3200W - LINK
- APS 6384S Sensored 170KV 4000W - LINK
- SK8 6374 Sensored 149KV 3500W- LINK
- Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
I will update the post with the advances!