Koowheel thread

thanks but have seen the video. What about replacement parts?

You are stuck dealing with koolwheel since they supply replacement parts

If you haven’t bought one, then please don’t. You can build a much better board for less money.It will be faster, have more range, be safer, easier to work on, etc.

Look at this…

I you just don’t want to or cant build a board, check this out…

If you can wait a bit and want a bad ass mini cruiser, look here… diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-29-speedster/

For someone that has actually got one and knows what their talking about u like others that just talk BS.

My first one broke after about a month of riding, it just cut out however this was a known problem and koowheel sorted it pronto. They sent me out a new one with the latest upgrades, known issue fixed and larger battery capacity.

Whole process took two weeks. This one is bang on the money, I’m impressed and I push mine a bit more than I should.

Top speed on normal is between 15 to 17 mph. Hits gradients pretty well although I haven’t measured the gradients yet, and you get around 10 to 12 mile range.

Tap 7 times and the top speed for me on the flat was 21.9 mph but it will get hot if you ride it hard in this setting and you only get about 7 miles out of the pack

2 Likes

1 Like

Any more questions with a real world answer, just ask.

And for the record, work directly with koowheel not the rebranded companies such as magneto. If anything goes wrong it’s more long winded.

1 Like

Owning one doesn’t denote more knowledge. The simple fact that’s it’s mass-produced in a factory who’s one guiding rule is do it as fast and cheap as you can is reason enough. Components, ok. You can filter the bad ones out. But an entire system, and I’m a systems engineer, nu uh.

But you have a nice day :grinning:

But the mass produced benchwheel that you so dearly love are an exception?

All I’m saying is that for the money, their a good peace of kit and the service for any potential issues is top notch.

And the fact that they have listened and improved the board to iron out the issues is commendable.

So for anyone starting out that doesn’t have the time or experience to build a board and wants something that works, I think this is as good an option as any.

For you to claim that it is a bad idea period because of some preconceived ideas and no facts or experience is to wiseacre.

And for the record Mach 1 use mass produced Chinese hub motors that although supposedly more powerful are in my eyes, inferior in quality.

http://www.freerchobby.com/product_display.asp?keyno=75

I do the know where you got that. It’s decent, but I do NOT love it. I’ve ridden a koowheel, I’d rather have the Benchwheel…But I would much rather have any of the boards I’ve built.

1 Like

I have the old version and anticipating that it will probably break on me at any moment lol. Do you happen to know where the receiver is located? I’m thinking of adding an antenna wire to extend the range of the remote.

1 Like

Hey man how is the new version with potting working for you so far?

I’ve heard they are a lot more reliable now and all issues about disconnections and issues causes by vibrations are no longer a problem

I had bad experience … bad

how bad it that?

I received the longboard does not work. The remote disconnects. Back to the seller. He has returned the money

at least get refund… haha… singapore local here have seller selling koowheel, yet to try out. which board you going to buy next?

Antonio, I’m sorry for the bad experience, however from what I read Koowheel fixed all issues with bad connections and DOA motherboards. I’d call your experience a good one in terms of customer service. If you never riden the eboard I’d give it a new try, but if you have the budget for a DIY I’d definitely get one over the Koowheel.

Hello everyone, I’m Roberto from PET (Personal Electric Transport Ltd.) from London. We are an online reseller of electric light vehicles. We have been selling Koowheel skateboard for more than a year I must say the performance and reliability is outstanding, of course has been some issues with it at the beginning like any other new product in development but I must say the guys at Koowheel were always very collaborative with warranty issues and constantly improving the board version after version.

We just received the latest version and it’s currently in stock. https://personalelectrictransport.co.uk/shop/electric-skateboard/koowheel-electric-skateboard-dual-hub-motor/

-Improved PCB board with electronics potting. -5500mAh battery upgrade (+5km)

We also include a FREE Carry Bag original from Koowheel with all orders.

Use the code ESK8PET to get £50 OFF on your first order.

Thanks!