Kushboard | Dual 6355 | 10s4p 30Q | Janux Drive | Boas | DIY Enclosure

I’ve spoke with him and he suggested a 80A BMS instead. What would a 10s4p 30q pack do?

Has your friend ever built a battery for esk8? they have to be able to discharge high current, to be strong and withstand vibrations and have to be correctly wired, insulated and welded. that’s why i recommended @longhairedboy, he knows his shit if you want to save some :moneybag::moneybag:, go mono drive and 1 focbox. but get a proper battery that is capable of supplying enough current for dual drive(10s4p30Q is good). if you don’t like the speed and torque, you can always upgrade do dual later.

I was referred to him by someone who bought a battery pack from him, and he definitely knows his stuff. Thanks for the info and recommendations, i’ll check em out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the advice and recommendations. I’ve purchased all the parts except for the enclosure and shall wait till the end to install it when i figured out how much space i need.

A few things i changed is i purchased the Enertion Nano-x remote instead of the one from TorqueBoards, and got the On/Off switch for a cheaper price of $30 from a reputable e-scooter site.

Once the parts are all in, which i assume and hope is within a couple weeks, i’ll assemble them and let you guys know how it goes!

Can you give a link to that on/off switch? It may not be up to task…

Here ya go https://lunacycle.com/remote-on-off-solid-state-switch/ It’s almost identical to the one on DIY electric

1 Like

I think you should be good with that one! :grinning:

1 Like

This seems like a great switch for the price

Yep, a local builder gave me the link to get that switch. About half the price than the ones on other sites and is of good quality. Honestly i’m quite excited and can’t wait for the parts to arrive.

Ok, i’ve sorta calculated how much space i’ll need for an enclosure, and bought Psychotiller’s 12" enclosure. https://psychotiller.com/product/the-coupe-12

I wanted to get Eboosted’s enclosures as it looked more towards my preference but i fear it might not fit the curvature of my deck. It’s also a bit thicker and i wanted my enclosure to be fairly thin so i went with the Coupe enclosure instead.

you are not gonna be able to fit 10s4p in there…

The battery is approximately 16cm x 13.5cm x 2cm without the BMS. I should be able to fit it in with a BMS, wires , VESC and switches yea? It’s a 6s4p, I didn’t go with a 10s4p in the end

“The battery is approximately 16cm x 13.5cm x 2cm without the BMS. I should be able to fit it in with a BMS, wires , VESC and switches yea? It’s a 6s4p, I didn’t go with a 10s4p in the end”

ouch. you should’ve

Rubber Gaskets & Neoprene foam (+ Sanding if you’re not me) could fix the enclosure curvature issue no?

I did think about it, but i felt that i may be a bit too bulky and heavy. I wanted a flat enclosure hence i went with that. Of course losing some range and what not due to lesser cells.

Yep you’re right, the flatness of the other enclosure bought me over :stuck_out_tongue:

uhm i was BARELY able to fit 6s2p flatpack and one vesc in that enclosure…

fair nuff, i also didn’t see you wanted to take it on public transit

makes sense

1 Like

Well looks like i messed up there didn’t i… Time to take a look at Eboosted’s enclosure.

are you gonna do single or double stacked?