Kushboard Nano, lightweight build | 121c Orbiter deck | Avio Gear drive | 7s2p 30Q | 6355 TB 190KV | Flipsky 4.12 | 97mm Abec Reflys

I’m seriously considering selling my Unity and 2x 170kv Maytechs 6374’s to fund a near copy of this build… As much as I’d like to have my beast of a fuckin board, money is stupid tight for me and I am a pretty small dude in the first place…

Questions:

It looks like you could get a little bit more room out of the enclosure towards the rear trucks if you didn’t mind that area being gasket sealed (to make things easy)

How much differently do you think the board would perform if using the Maytech 6374 170kv instead of the 6355? Like, obviously I get the jist of things, but I still don’t have personal riding experience

If using the 6374, maybe using 30T batteries instead of 30q would be a better idea? Though, at the same time… This would definitely be a board I’d take when flying - as much as I hate the idea for esk8 purposes, maybe LiPo’s might be a good idea?

1 Like

A single 6355 on a small battery like this is ok for me. Not super strong, but it’ll lug an average person up some hills I assume. A single 6374 on 30T will definitely be a lot better. I suggest a 6374 if you are not worried about weight. I have not done a proper ride on this yet as I have the threads to cut and add gaskets and grip tape. I’ll update the thread soon when it’s done!

How much did that enclosure cost to have printed?

About 110 USD…

1 Like

Have you not completed this build yet? O.o.

I got two more threaded inserts to cut… WAIT

That seems like a lot of money for an enclosure, though I’m sure it’ll last forever.

Assuming one has access to the equipment, wouldn’t making one out of aluminum sheet on a sheet bend be near as good? I know alum is about 2-3x heavier than most plastics, but the entire enclosure doesn’t weigh too much to begin with

Honestly one could get away with using the smallest enclosure from eskating.eu but due to unplanned circumstances my battery pack layout was too wide for the deck. So getting an enclosure that fits everything, as well as fit in the area of the deck without protrusion was tricky, so i had to get Jeff to help model and then send it out to print.

Definitely inspiring me to make another small build. I’d either go with this deck or the hunnit from Hi5ber. I just know the dips on the bottom of the Hi5ber decks can be a bitch to match enclosures to. The rover that @nuttyjeff posted a pic of a while back is beautiful, but I don’t know how a wheelbase that short will suit me. I usually ride around on the same wheelbase as the orbiter.

Anyways beautiful little board man. We need more little builds on this forum.

2 Likes

Enclosure bolted, and its time for some green grip… 20190205_021526 20190309_010402

YEAAAAAAAAA20190309_103037

Size comparison to a 29" Jet spud20190309_103812

More finished shots 20190309_103917 20190309_103939 20190309_103958 20190309_104028 20190309_104102 20190309_104116 20190309_104148 20190309_104345 Currently using the Photon remote, on 60, -60, 30, -12 20190309_104440

Overall, this is a cute little board to ride to work because i work nearby my place, and or to the mall to run errands etc because its light and small sized. Wished i could have gone 90mm with Popocas but the Avio gear drive could only accommodate 97mm wheels and above. That being said, clearance is not the best on 97mms. So only smooth roads are ok on this board. Any pebbly areas or construction sites is a no go.

Now for a range test and see what a 7s2p can do. Probably low powered, but i hope to get 20km range maybe?

5 Likes

What kind of clearance issues do you mean would have been better with 90s, wheelbite? Also, how wide is the deck in the middle where it’s smaller? I was thinking of trying an enclosure that’s 146mm wide and 312mm long.

1 Like

Clearance on the gearbox. With 97mms its quite low to the ground. Im running 107s on my spud so its ok.

I’ll measure the width for you when I’m home

1 Like

Beautiful finish @Linny ! Id love to test a little cruiser like that !! waiting your fb about range :wink:

1 Like

Ok, went for a range test today. Started my trip at 95% battery according to the Photon remote’s stats.20190310_134507

Wow this exceeded my expectations. I was hoping to get at least 20km or so, but i was able to complete my usual skate route and went 22km, with a bit of juice to spare.

I weigh 70kg, and am going an average of 25km/h and occasional 30kms. Terrain was relatively smooth and a few small inclines. This was taken a couple mins after i finished. 20190310_135243

Turning is so easy because i have 85 and 80A bushings, and wedge/dewedged the board. Love it! One thing i have to be careful of is not to lean my weight to the back too much, it’ll cause the front to lift.20190310_134739

Bonus lizard moment 20190310_124249

13 Likes

WOW Awesome mate !! Looks so sos oooo coooool :+1:

Want the same :grin:

1 Like

We’ve all built big boards, but have forgotten that small boards are also just as awesome!

1 Like

I’m about to purchase this deck… Before I do, can I know how this worked out for you? I have CaliberII’s but going for standard belt drive. How tall are you, for comfort reasons?

Additionally, How did you gloss up the bottom / sides? It looks amazing!

I’m also on the hinge of purchasing this deck. Looks like the coupe by @psychotiller will for nicely. Looks like if I build the battery to fit the enclosure it’ll take a 10s2p with a single motor.

Had you had enough space for a lip on the enclosure, would you have just come down from the top with the mounting screws? Seems like this would be a little more secure since the deck is so thin you had to trim the inserts.

If Hi5ber would ever return my emails I’d be trying this setup out with the Hunnit.

I love it. Its 25 inches lengthwise so its not a very wide stance deck. I find myself standing right above the front truck and at the kicktail for max stability. If i lean back too much and my weight is on my rear foot, the board might do a wheelie and may or may not make you fall

I think the Coupe enclosure might not fit. Its a bit too long for this deck. The wheelbase is a bit short. I dont have the numbers but the 121cboards website should have it. Ill see if i can take some measurements of the deck tonight. Its about 200mm wide in the middle area so having an enclosure with a lip smaller than that is tricky, thats why i got Jeff to model a perfect one instead