LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

My build thread is up for those interested.

You can see more details about my geared drive on it.

6 Likes

My longest ride to date! Donā€™t mind the total time it took, I stopped to drop a box at Purolator and then stopped by to say hi to @Pete and see how heā€™s doing. The first 23km I went pretty hard on the throttle albeit not continuous. I am thinking carving takes a bit more battery as well because the wheels are constantly being pushed sideways. The second half was mostly on eco mode at around 20-25km/h and the last 3 km were at pushing speed with a few pushes here and there as I was afraid to damage the batteries. 45km total !! I would say it was more like a 37 practical ones :smiley: but still not bad. Maybe for my next battery pack we can fit larger cells and still manage a 10s6p maybe with a focbox unity and a split last pack. I could have ridden for another hour or so if the board could have taken it.

2 Likes

Good range!!

Is the stock battery 12S5P or 10S6P? It mentions 60cells but not the config.

@ervinelin 10s6p

10char

1 Like

Now u have me worried about my 12S4P rangeā€¦ Haha

Never be afraid to damage the battery. The board is configured with a soft cut-off to preserve the battery. Before getting into critical low voltage, we reduce the boardā€™s power substantially. When you hit that, the board will have like 30% of its power. That means you have 1-2 miles left before the board dies. And even then, when the board is ā€œdeadā€, itā€™s still at a safe voltage so as to not damage the battery.

TAKEAWAY: ride till it dies. Donā€™t worry about the pack. We did that for you.

16 Likes

Is there anything you guys havenā€™t taken into consideration?

3 Likes

Would you mind telling what app is that you use?

1 Like

Just to complete this tire wear issue and because a picture is worth 1000 words, this is when I start thinking about changing tires. Probably 30-40km left of heavy carving before it pops.

7 Likes

Haha! Good to know. Did I read correctly that you include a spare wheel with the DSS60?

Yes we do. A spare wheel with pulley (in a case of bad luck where your front tire pops, itā€™ll work on the front truck even though is has the pulley, no worries there).

4 Likes

This is after how many km ?

Approx 500km

1 Like

It is @twan ā€˜s Telematics beta app. Look for his thread or pm him to find a trial download link.

2 Likes

My buddy is going a different direction. Have a brand new deck and enclosure for sale. Feel free to make an offer

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/new-and-used-parts-for-sale-la-croix-deck/59234?u=sender

Are you guys planning on offering any other colors for the backpack or will it only be the blue?

Weā€™ll have red and black as well in a couple weeks.

1 Like

Can it really lug the LaCroix around?

Id be keen on red/black one thx

Does LaCroix board have any battery sag ? like Evolve etc. ?