LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

Not my video. Popped up in my feed. The motors sound great!

5 Likes

I confirm for wheel beads, using them in mine

2 Likes

How many grams did you add ?

I donā€™t have a scale so I used the valve caps as measure. I first added 2 and then added another one. Its a little tricky. If you donā€™t add enough it wonā€™t solve your problem and if you add too much it can get worse, especially at low speeds. You can feel the vibration almost instantly disappear after 25km/h itā€™s strange itā€™s like a switch going off. For the beads to even out it takes some centrifugal force, and I noticed under 25km/h not much happens and especially if you have too many beads at slower speed they tend to stay all in one spot and worsen wobble. I advise you start with a little bit, ride for a few days and add more if needed after. Also, YOU WILL MAKE A MESS. Make yourself a funnel out of paper if you donā€™t have one that small to fit in the valve already and add a few beads at a time. It helps if you gently tap the valve end as your pour them down. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hereā€™s some bullshit for me to get flamed over for the canā€™t weld, wonā€™t weld brigade :cowboy_hat_face:

9 packs of RC saddlebacks, $400 and some plugging together time?

Would it work? Donā€™t know and not going to try, but dimension-ally just maybeā€¦I was just interested mostly

3 Likes

My friend came down to check out my LaCroix and was shocked how big it was because it looked smaller in the photosā€¦

Here is a side by side with my Jet Spud for scaleā€¦

IMG20180702202829

Also, I swapped out my rear shock blocks from red to orangeā€¦ Much better now, board feels more aliveā€¦

9 Likes

Doesnā€™t look bigger than my GTX.

Yeah, it is a bit smaller than I expected. Not that itā€™s a bad thing, makes it more nimble around town. Canā€™t wait to get mine!

I read a review about Nano V2 remote and there is something that worries me.

ā€œBIGGEST con to this remote is the auto-bind feature. Aside from possibly taking a long time to bind (anywhere from 1-10 seconds, usually faster though) it does not remember PPM positions across reboots of the remote. Once you turn it off and on you have to throttle all the way back and all the way forward after the remote binds in order for it to know min/max PPM. If you donā€™t do this, the SLIGHTEST change in PPM signal will give you either max acceleration or max braking. This nearly made me fly off my board the first couple times until I figured out what was wrong.ā€

There is a interview with Alex from Lacroix boards >

"3) Reading the review of the remote, they say you need to calibrate it every time because it doesnā€™t remember ā€œMin or Max speedā€ is this what you do? And how do you do it?

Once you turn on the remote, you throttle to the max and brake to the max. Then you turn on the board, the remote will bind and thatā€™s it. So itā€™s just doing max throttle and max brake when you turn on the remote. "

I have the v2 which I believe is the same, Iā€™ve never experienced this issue, is that a v1 problem?

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces

For me it looked bigger on photos

Hello, for those with the DSS60, what are you using to monitor the battery level during a ride?

1 Like

I have two Nano v2 remotes, been using one of them for close to a year. I just now started doing the calibration start (turn on, full throttle, full brake, turn on board). Previously, I noticed some inconsistencies in sensitivity, but nothing harsh enough to throw me from the board.

imageimage

By thĆ© ST-Laurent Riverā€¦

15 Likes

That is very nice, but it would look better in my driveway. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Once I get my board Iā€™m going to dismantle an extra Nano remote and modify into a safety glove to control it. Adding the tensioner on the right hand (2)fingers control for safety reasons and the rest of the controls or switches on the left hand.

1 Like

Once youā€™re done, send me pics. Iā€™m interested in this

How are the lights mounted? Are you using the standard bike wrap type mount? And if so, do you find that the shake of an e-board to shift the angle of the light. Iā€™m planning on buying a board and looking into lights that will work on a board like this. Also, which Victagen?

1 Like

Beautiful. Congratulations! PS: Did you receive it in 5-6 weeks ?