LaCroix Board Co. -- wood and CF deck + segmented flex carbon fiber enclosure -- GROUP BUY [COMPLETED]

@Kug3lis made some sick looking t*ampa superstar hub clones out of SS.

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/fatboy-solid-core-hub-3-75-5-spoke-for-28mm-bearing-set-of-4-hubs

2 Likes

omg this is the best

Stainless steel, nice. 290g? Total with tire?

If you are replyin to @mikenyc it’s aluminum 290g just a hub. SS means SuperStar :wink:

Just to add to this and to give you guys a very rough idea, when putting my whole 185lbs body on my heel or my toes (to flex the Matrix II Pro truck on 7 inch tires) to simulate a deep carve, I have approx 1 or 1.5inch of space between the enclosure and the ground. So any smaller wheel will impact that space. This is on a very loose truck setting, so it’s worst case scenario.

Nice work, these look very well made.

1 Like

Little late, but I want to say that these boards look extremely well made. Hope I see them flying around Chicago soon.

3 Likes

Never too late for a nice comment man Thanks :wink:

2 Likes

Just to be sure, you’re speaking about the 7" tires you’re selling right?

Yes, I meant that if at 7inches there is 1inch to 1.5inch clearance, that space will be impacted if you use a smaller 6 inch tire (arguably, that space will be reduced by 0.5 inch to be 0.5 inch to 1inch, if that makes sense)

2 Likes

Ok. Gotcha.

Alright, dumb question incoming… what is the mounting hole pattern for MBS trucks? Is it old school or something else entirely?

This looks awesome… Just one quick question before I pull the trigger…

I am confused about the wheel size limit. I assume I can use my MBS Matrix II trucks with 8" wheels? Cos you are selling 7" tires, not 8.

1 Like

Yes sir, it will work with 8 inch tires!

Ahhhhj, I forgot you asked me for that. Here to go.

40x65mm

5 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t clear. The wheel size limit is downwards not upwards. Under 7 inches might work (6 inches might, 5 inches you’d really be pushing it and under that I’d forget about it), but 7 and 8 inches work assuredly as we have tested those.

If I were to use 5" wheels, any idea how high a riser I need to use?

1 inch riser you would have the same clearance to the deck roughly as a 7 inch wheel…

1 Like

Thanks @Cobber!! Was thinking of using these wheels with solid rubberIMG_20180322_154059_230

2 Likes

SS typically is used as an abbreviation for stainless steel, pretty sure Trampa does not have a hold on that, but yeah aluminium is what servisas make their hubs with, accepted!

3 Likes