Landshark's Trampa | Trampa Urban Carver | Vertigo Trucks | Dual 6374 190kv | 12s4p | Vesc-X

I wanna see Gator riding it around holiday park…

1 Like

This is definately a nice comparison! Maybe it should be quoted somewhere when someone asks what it feels like riding a pneumatics setup :smiley:

Non the less… wish u luck with the build, looks like u have choosen a really nice base,

Did u take grey wheels on purpose or the cost for other colors was too much?

I just find it that it is later hard to match the colors of enclosures and other things on board… if you got an ‘‘odd’’ wheel / hub color

I had blue hubs for wheels before but now i have black ones… it seems that matching black color is a lot easier and involves less work… ;D hope u understand my point about wheel color based from this perspective…

So yeh, when u can update us with more pictures… personally would be interested what enclosure you have in mind for this build… is it going to be the one from user barajabali / ChiBoards ?

… just suspecting u might have ordered it from him, since you said it was custom work and paid some margin to get it done

I didn’t specify a tyre color but the grey works for me, I think thats the standard color they send on complete decks.

As for enclosures I ordered one from Kaly specifically for this deck and I have Barajabali building me a power pack to fit it.

1 Like

Haha maybe I’ll bring him to the park this weekend. Wait even better idea lets gets the drones to pull us around the park, that could be fun/interesting/possibly lethal?

Casey Neistat… has already nailed this idea… actually didnt know he performed such stunt… until I tried to look it up on net who has done…

Not sure is it easier to pull a snowboarder or mountainboarder… but yeah…

3 Likes

Lot of cranes used in making that vid…

Here are a few pics from the gear I received this past week. I just installed the motor mounts as a mock up, I’m not doing the final assembly until my power pack gets here.

I’m happy with the quality, time will tell after I ride it for a bit on how it holds up, but so far so good. :+1:

One thing I did was remove the yellow dampas on the trucks. The board carves much better, but it now rubs the tires…as a reference I weigh 185lbs and have the 15 ply deck. I’ll prob have to keep them in so I don’t have that issue.

Actually…I’m going to move the springs to the outer position, maybe that will help

Fast forward 20 minutes…it helped, can’t carve as deeply but no rubbing with springs in outer position

11 Likes

Here is an update with the motor mounts all ready to hit the road, locked down and loctited up. Next step is to fit the enclosure! Its coming together…

BTW I was told today by some nefarious character @Crushkrew that my tires looked like “old lady scooter tires”… but to be fair I pretty much agree.

Anyone have a pair of black 7" tires to sell?

How does this belt tension look?

4 Likes

That tension is good enough There is no need to over tighten those :wink:

1 Like

You have to reverse the hanger to use the 7" pneumatics. Otherwise wheel bite will occur.

Frank

1 Like

@trampa Thanks, but I reversed it on purpose to be able to use street wheels when I want to. I’ve leaned into as hard as I can and where the springs are at the moment I’m not experiencing any wheel bite, but when the springs were in the inner position I did.

So far so good, but if it becomes an issue I’ll def switch them around.

I ride my street wheels (90mm) in reversed position. The wheel base is wider and that is good when riding pneumatics.

Frank

I see what you mean, but it looks like Kaly mounts work only in the street carver configuration. Can I have the trucks with the drive train on them set up for street carver and the front set up for urban carver? Will it effect the boards handling with two differently positioned trucks?

That’s fine! You can use stiff setup in the back and loose setup in the front (outer and inner spring position). We designed our drive train to allow both hanger positions, using the #45UC or #45SC clamp. Ted rides a board with urethane street wheels in the back and pneumatics in the front. Anything is possible.

Frank

1 Like

Here are some pics for you guys. The board is really powerful, like no joke you’ll get hurt powerful. Lots of torque and I don’t even run wide open throttle, mainly cruise around 20mph, but have pushed it to 30mph without trying to hard.

I am running BLDC Hybrid sensors with Can bus

the only settings I have changed are

Motor Max/Min 65/-65 ERPM 60000/-60000 Voltage cut off/end 36/33.6 (12s)

9 Likes

10 Likes

I really like your build :heart_eyes_cat: How many teeth those pulleys of yours have?

1 Like

16T/62T from @Kaly

1 Like

Hey man, I have the same exact setup than yours but on MBS wheels, 12S4P with Samsung 25R

Have you adjusted your VESC settings more?, you motor max seems a little off for those 6374s 190KV

I’m using these settings, board is a beast but I want more powaaaa!

Motor Max: 80A Motor Min (regen): -62 Battery Max: 40A Battery Min (regen): -8A

I wonder if I could use Motor Max: 100A