Landyachtz EVO 2019 - Evo Falcon 40" [NSFW Sexy]

Landyachtz has finally released a new EVO and its super nice looking. Its in stock at landyachtz and other vendors already.

Official LY For US/Canadian Customers https://landyachtz.com/product/evo-40-falcon

Cheapest EU Source (134 + 35 Shipping + ~30 Tax) = £150/175 Euros. Shipped, taxed. https://www.daddiesboardshop.com/landyachtz-evo-40-falcon-longboard-deck-2019

7 Likes

@mackann Did you know this was getting released when you posted this? image

1 Like

Yes since I got a resseler acount I did have the picture in November, but was not allowed to share it before release

You can order it for delivery from Europe here, we got 20 of them in stock:

2 Likes

You think it has enough clearance for pneumatic and equivalent of tb218 ?

It does, It has 70mm to 50mm clearance with 6" tires and no risers.

I already got one of these delivered last week from Muirskate that ill be finished building over this weekend in looks like and I’m running psychotillers 6shooters on it with surfrodz and his quick mounts having the motors facing forward under the deck (6365) and no rubbing issues so far with either (tires or motors) when trying but haven’t gone for a real ride yet. I’m 6’2 2-- lbs though and cant even really get close to wheel bite at all with all my weight. Just have a tunnel riser in the back and thin rubberish riser for vibrations in the front.

1 Like

does anyone know if the enclosures for the old evos fit this or is the shape slightly different? Im tired of fighting with the flex on my bhangra and multi piece kydex enclosures and want to switch to an evo.

Same size as last year’s deck.

1 Like

This is probably a really stupid question for some but…

Apart from looking more badass what is the benefit of using an Evo Falcon 40

Over something like the Switchblade 40

To the uneducated the Switchblade has a more symmetrical shape and a slightly wider deck so would fit a bigger more even enclosure, looking at the attributes on the Landyachtz site the Switchblade has everything the Evo has except “racer” but also has some others the Evo doesn’t. Makes it look like the Switchblade is a more all rounder board. I have seen some builds where people use angled spacers to mount the trucks which I think is to bring it back to a more horizontal mounting plane for the truck baseplate. I also don’t see many other boards with the kicks like the Evo has.

Is the Evo just the weapon of choice for high speed builds but not the best for an all rounder ?

The evo easily clear 6" tires, wheelbite is basically impossible. Its very very low to the ground and the concave is extremely aggressive, its the most confident deck at speed i’ve ever ridden. I’ve accidentally been forced to jump (Board went up a little ramp) on mine at 30MPH and i stayed on it, its just so stable.

Also the switch is better than the switchblade imo due to the concave and drop.

Does the new switchblade have any wheelbite issues with 6in pneumatics?

Makes sense, I didn’t even think about wheel bite, most of the Evo builds I had seen seem to be on thane where I don’t think wheelbite would be an issue.

I was thinking an Esk8 with 90mm thane and battery under deck. I doubt either would have wheel bite issues and and the Evo being really low ceases to be a benefit if you have to run riser blocks to get enough clearance for the battery.

I’ve absolutely loved my evo. The new Falcon looks amazing! Personally though as mine is starting to show signs of love. I have started a mini project of making a carbon fiber clone with the goal to have the center hollow for my batteries and a stealthy look.20190311_185934

13 Likes

Just picked mine up from Muirskate todayimage

11 Likes

Getting this Evo ready for a new look! 20190319_212529

13 Likes

This sounds very interesting! Will you make a thread to document your progress?

3 Likes

I am definitely taking lot of photos and will post along with my build thread once all done. As far as a full blown write-up, I’m not sure as I am not great with that side of things.

1 Like

Mine was delivered yesterday…

…STOKED!!!

20190320_150200

17 Likes