Landyachtz EVO Direct Drive

let us know how the airless wheels go! :slight_smile:

I’ve also been eyeing them for sometime for my winter build

Pack is build and tested definitely not my best work.

Metr pro is here. Still no sign of the @psychotiller enclosure his website says it hasn’t shipped, this is really dragging out this build. I suddenly have empathy for expecting raptor 2 owners. Big evolve group night ride on the 26th October. Halloween. Ride costome ordered board will be ready. will fit lights ftom my other board. Picked up the last ever EVOLVE GT one made as a present for my wife.

Don’t you like her?

7 Likes

Looks like its a doa anyway f##kin evolve quality control. While I sort out the enclosure shenanigans psychotiller still isnt respond to email. I am going to finishing a stalled AT build made with leftovers. 2 x 6354 one flipsky one torqueboard (same motor) flipsky6.6 dual with busted antispark surprise surprise. Old esk8europe enclosure to deep for anything but at build. Its studded with ws8212b rgb leds running off a microcontroller esp8266 that commincates with vesc to vary the speed bases on board speed and red for break. Battery i will use the torch battery pack 10S3P 26650 l

1 Like

I am a bit premature with the AT build I have a dead Evolve GT coming, I found on gumtree I picked up dirt cheap with AT wheels. i will ditch the evolve 50mm and transfer the 63mm to evolve trucks and AT via some. Rest of the GT i will test and keep for parts. I am not a fan of the yumcha 6" wheels they are unbalanced and dont take regular 608 bearings.

My wifes new GT one is having the infamous R2 remote cut out issues. Turn it on works a few secs when you go to accelerate dead.no life from vesc. Voltage is 41.7 tested via charging port. Might be firmware mismatch. This was the GT one on the wall in HQ showroom the remote is much newer judging fw version. They will likely have to swap 1/2 the skateboard to fix it. I could fix it but that’s what’s warranty is for. Might try the r2 from the dead evolve likely older fw.

No sign of the Psychotiller enclosure but pressing forward with my temp enclosure will grab a eboosted enclosure soon. The sony VTC6 12S4P fits but its going to be too tight for a unity or 6.6 plus (old version) and no room for 12v buck conveter so opting for a 4amp 5v buck i have tons of them. This will drive the speed sensative neopixel strips and headlights and brake lights. Metr pro is also here. The 26650 battery is taken out now and enclosure sit flush with deck saving precious mm of clearance. I really hate these wheels Kenna sent me, i have done less than 10Km and already showing heaps of wear.

26650 pack caught fire after dropping it 1 foot my battery building mojo still needs work thank f##k it wasnt in the board.

1 Like

Diagnoses rubbing between cells weakened the 2 layers of Kapton tape causing a short. The voice of longhairboy in my head “it will catch fire!”. In light of this I am repacking my sony pack with barley paper and shrinking each side separately.

1 Like

omg

glad ur safe!

1 Like

Its a hard leason learned i can remember me electronic engineering lecturer saying dont cut corners. I knew better. I am just glad my 5 year old was asleep inside and not glued to my side when working on boards. Well my $70 ebay pack was a partial success, but my shoddy work was its undoing if i had left cell protection on the cells it might have lived another day. It was destined for my diy powerwall for my shed. now its going to battery waste station.

Fixed my wifes new Evolve, calibration of break trigger was way off causing the esc to think it was always on. 40 mins of googling revealed evolves hidden menu to calibrate throttle and break.

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted. My wife has just begun her esk8 journey on one of my builds and every single time she goes out I pray something doesn’t go wrong. I would rather put her in my hands though than any pre built. ( not a dig) I know that whats in there works and save a random event she will be safe. Not sure she has exceeded 10 mph yet so give it time. Your esk8 mettle is only tested once you have tasted concrete at a fundamental level.

2 Likes

Sally from stormesk8 got back to me about the airless kegal mount wheels. Looks like a batch is about to ship. Ownboard have them but stormesk8 were cheaper $120 shipped for a set. VS $150 + postage from ownboard. ownboard do evolve truck clones (they buy from storm) and I have ordered some evolve styles 63mm motor mounts $55 a set. And some of their evolve compatible pressfit pulleys $30 a set.

let us know how they ride when you get them! :slight_smile:

I believe you might be the first on the forum to try it!

1 Like

Will do. Do you ever get the felling you are cursed this week had a battery blow up, my kweld has developed a fault and now the flipsky 4.2 plus has a major fault only one side is not powering up.voltage on the 3.3v line on one side is 1.9v. Went to email barbara at fs and glanced at the warranty for vesc is 2 months. What the actual f##k flipsky. Missed it by one month. The 12S battery was too much for the bec\buck. Going to shoehorn in a FS 6.6 dual or maybe 2 focbox. I will attempt a repair i thing the drv8302 acts as a bec so likely the issue or one of the passives.7

1 Like

Realising I didnt buy it from flipshite but from hglrc.com and they have 6 months warranty. A tip next time you need to order a vesc. Hglrc are usually cheaper (except during sales) charge les for shipping and if your an aussie dont charge GST. Warranty is longer and they make the controllers and vesc for flipshite.

2 Likes

Small update board has a name Kraken Because under maritime legend ships with names of sea monsters were doomed to be unlucky. and this tub is super unlucky. Latest issue my 6.6 Plus died while programming Flipshite antispark switch the GND not VCC and with the GND connected via USB, as I switched off after a firmware update the antispark let out its magic smoke. all because I misplaced my bluetooth module. 2019-10-24%2011_24_08-(30086)%20iCloud%20Mail%20-%20Inbox%20(46898%20messages%2C%2030086%20unread) 2019-10-24%2011_23_43-(30086)%20iCloud%20Mail%20-%20Inbox%20(46898%20messages%2C%2030086%20unread)

I just ordered a eboosted enclosure last night and Psychotiller just shipped this morning, happy but looks like I have 2 enclosures coming now… Ordered a makerX vesc - I am sick of Flipshites $300 fuses I have had bandaids that have lasted longer. Looks like I will miss the evolve ride this weekend I have killed all my dual vesc and I have no chance of fitting 2 singles in. Sad Face emoji

Hey, how is the torque of these direct drives? I maybe want to make a diy with those motors! Wil the be torqie?? Maybe 4wd?