Landyachtz Hollowtech

Mellow drive already exists as a clean solution. No need to reinvent the wheel.

DIY is about reinventing the wheel mate. Otherwise we just all wait for industrial stuff and observe the world moving around us. The good thing of DIY builds is the freedom to choose parts and not get stuck with something that people have designed but much more… be flexible. I’m not sure you can fit some 90mm wheels on a Mellow drive and wheels are a big part of the skateboarding/longboarding feeling.

8 Likes

Ok let me rephase. Mellow drive way of securing the enclosure is a tested and proven way… now just to build the enclosure :sweat_smile:

Belt drive version of mellow would be awesome

is that wood or composite or a mix or what? It looks like its just going to break.

The hollow parts are stuffed with pineapple gummy bears.

5 Likes

The best gummybears. Lol

3 Likes

it is farily robust.

Uses pre-cured fiberglass on top and bottom. Rode one, felt hardly different, only carying around was lighter.

It feels just like a normal skateboard deck. I wouldn’t even have known it was hollow. Even drilling it wasn’t any different.

I’m using a 2015 Wolf Shark so it may be different from the above designs.

@chrisongtj Have you got any pictures of the wolf shark build?

@bigben I’ll do more photos this weekend if others are interested. So far i’ve finalised my set up:

Arcboards enclosure, battery (9s2p), vesc running FOC, remote TB 6374 TB motor mount and TB rear truck (it fit the motor mount much better than original Calibers) Caliber II front truck 16/36 gear ratio 83mm flywheels

Waiting for some proper Abec 11 to come in but this is more or less my final setup.

Sound so like a tidy setup. I was interested because I’d seen one for sale and wondered how it looked and rode. I’m always interested to see how new builds look!

not a bad build. That arcboards sled is easy to transfer to another deck, too. I put one on a regular trick deck not too long ago.

1 Like

I have an Arcboard Penny that I am trying to mod. Did you use the Arcboard’s battery and VESC to run FOC and the new motor?

Thanks!

Yup I used all stock hardware.

Hollowtech is awesome!

Running eboosteds all purpose enclosure. Board is light (in comparison of course) and doesnt vibrate the bones in your feet so much. No problem with mounting in the hollow bits at all. Only trouble I have had is with that occursed solid state switches…

2 Likes

How does it run on FOC?

Sorry, i dont come the forums often. It runs great and is my preferred choice due to lower noise and startup smoothness, esp for single motor drives