Launch of antisparkheaven.com --> Bulletproof antispark switches, nice prices!

@StefanMe Yes, temporarily until I have time and fresh products to continue it. For this period of time I canceled my premium subscription of the shopsoftware so the website can not be found under the custom domain anymore, now a “bigcartel” phrase is within the adress like this https://antisparkheaven.bigcartel.com

Once I continue, I will announce it here for sure!

1 Like

Here!

So whats new?

7 Likes

You got me haha :sweat_smile:

The main improvement is the two separated power circuits, one to charge up the capacitors of the ESC via high performance resistors and one to carry the load current, this way the main mosfets do not get stressed because of the inrush current and therefore the main reason for failure is eliminated.

So you could say it’s an automated XT60-S connector.

9 Likes

Do you have a photo of the backside?

@b264

backside_p

5 Likes

Add roll to start perhaps, maybe, please?

Do you have a schematic? I’m a bit confused. What part says 918010 on it?

I’m sorry, not anytime soon, but there are great switches available that have this feature from other people on this forum.

That’s a n channel logic level fet, it’s whole part number is BUK98180-100A/CUX I’ll message you.

3 Likes

How thick is it ? I knew it was a good idea to let the other one go haha :muscle:t4: welcome back ! 64x39 footprint, ok.

Which main FETs are inside ? Still ok to apply fat heatsink on the back ?

How much load is needed (button side) to switch in ON/High state ?

Thanks! :slight_smile: It’s about 16mm thick, so under the diameter of a 18650 cell, I have a few different mosfets here right now, IRFS7530, IRFS7730 and IRFS4010. I’ve made some with the 4010 now. A big one-piece-heatsink at the back is problematic because it would probably touch and short the copper.

The button simply connects the battery to the mpu of the switch so there is no required load if I understand your question correctly.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s doable (really a random idea) but maybe a derived source from battery cables (ESC side + a step down so it works only when ) with something like a Zener diode + a shunt to redirect thresold voltage and a lil chip to monitore voltage level (so it registers and works at any battery voltage level) all wired to positive side of the button switch…

This should do the trick to turn ON the thing no ? Easier said than done tho :beers:

Id prefer momentary switching… or a switch that doesnt leak (not saying Fabio’s switch leaks)

1 Like

Ok got it. But I still want to plug a soft-latch press ON / hold OFF button to your module so now there’s no more minimal load to provide on the module side ? Just sort out the soft latch on my side and that’s it ?

What about a thermal pad or electrically insulated thermal paste then ? Could do the trick IMO.

Yea or two separated heatsinks. Sent you a pm.

1 Like

@goldenHusky so even using just two IRFS7530 you can do 100A? Asking since I use the original vedder switch and thought that it would only handle 40A tops

I would too, until I looked at this circuit. With the non-momentary switch, he’s gotten this down to zero microamps while turned off. That means it won’t kill the battery over extended times of non-use. I kind-of like the way he did this.

You’d just have to ensure whatever switch you use is robust and won’t rattle loose.

3 Likes

26 posts were split to a new topic: Fatboy AS Switch

How much for one of these please?

@Gaza65 Unfortunately I don’t make this super beefy antispark with 4 mosfets anymore, I realised it’s too big.

@goldenHusky When do you expect any of these nice switches to be for sale? Also what price to expect?