Hey everyone! I designed a thing:
I’ve been talking to manufacturers, both locally and overseas, but everywhere I’ve gone has quoted ~1000 USD for mould setting (pretty much one set) - with initial manufacturing once the bits have been set being far, far cheaper
So the point of this post is, would anyone here be interested in a set of these motors?
- The stator has 40.6 mm Diameter, 45mm long with 12 teeth and a 14mm bore.
- Compatibility with Kegel Cores, which gives you all wheel sizes of 75mm, 80mm, 85mm, 90mm, 97mm and 100mm. The diameter of the motor also means that using 75mm wheels is possible with 11.5mm of ground clearance, perfect for people with small wheels.
- Motor dimensions are 5275, projected maximum wattage is ~1800.
- Fully compatible with Paris Baseplates and bushings as wide as Orangatang Nipples
Maximum speeds with motor @65KV and different size wheels (12s nominal).
- 75mm (Can’t remember the name) - 20.97 mph - 33.74 km/h
- 80mm (Kegel) - 22.36 mph - 35.99 km/h
- 85mm (Cagumar) - 23.76 mph - 38.24 km/h
- 90mm (Popoca, Hatchling, R-spec) - 25.16 mph - 40.49 km/h
- 97mm (R-spec) - 27.12 mph - 43.64 km/h
- 100mm (Constrictor, R-spec AT) - 27.96 mph - 44.99 km/h
Even with a few preorders, we could get the price ~500! Would there be any interest in this?
Some more pictures:
Some technical details:
- Stator lamination height is 0.2mm
- All motor parts are high grade ferromagnetic low carbon steel
- Motor magnets are sintered Nd2Fe14B, which is rated to ~300 degrees celsius