LED Full Face Helmet for Night | el-wire | LED helmet

Triple eight fullface helmet I go to company with electric board. I go to work early and work late so I can only ride at night. Therefore, it was necessary to secure visibility for safety. The summer helmet is decorated with neo-pixel LEDs. But I did not want to put a thick LED on the fullface helmet. So I worked with a thin EL wire.

22 Likes

Where is the power source?

4 Likes

Some of the styrofoam inside the helmet was broken and a 1S 2000mAh Lipo battery was built. There is no inconvenience to wear and it is good to look…

2 Likes

Where’s the charging port?

3 Likes

not sure i’d remove the foam in a helmet to insert a battery… and if it broke in a crash i’d discard the helmet…

looks cool dude, not sure how safe it is now though?

3 Likes

I’m imagining a crash and the lipo is punctured and goes off inside the helmet next to his head :disappointed_relieved:

5 Likes

Its size is 60x45x8mm. The inner foam was peeled off and covered with a sponge.

2 Likes

Because it is 1 cell, one JST terminal comes out separately.

4 Likes

You be like Tron and shit, respect I may need to investigate

5 Likes

That’s sick you should make full body protection with el wire on it and you would look like a totally badass!!

4 Likes

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/esk8tube-video-thread/47/1489?u=lunarkim

I have been running with excitement today.

5 Likes

I approve looks Great! looks like its from some anime.

3 Likes

Do you mean the soft foam padding or the actual foam core of the helmet?

3 Likes

Some of the styrofoam in the full face was extracted and a thin sponge foam for the summer helmet was added.

2 Likes

Sounds like you mean the actual protective EPS? If so you might want to look at another way to do that. My understanding is that it’s important that the hard foam is unbroken because otherwise it will just snap rather than compressing and distributing the force of the impact (as well as reducing the acceleration/impulse). Apologies if I misunderstood which foam you mean.

I really like how the lights look though, I might have to try something similar on my next helmet. Very impressive

4 Likes

What is that tower? The place to see the No man’s land between the two Koreas?

3 Likes

It is wooden observatory of ecological park. The telescope is also mounted. The tower shakes more than you think.:confounded:C0010001_02

5 Likes

What’s the relation between your board and @wspark Alani Lani? Seems that you share the same motors, apparently the same Gullwing Sidewinder trucks, same T Board Factory mounts and motor covers with translucent lights… (??)

3 Likes

A colleague of mine has developed a T-board and has fixed and tested the problem. Then @wspark has asked for the powertrain part.

6 Likes

Tell everyone that they’re about to see some serious sh*t. Then take off at 88mph.

3 Likes